• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Service-Check up for Airboss Elite 80A?

jjohns51

30cc
Hi guys, does anyone happen to know if/where I can send off an Airboss Elite 80A ESC for a going though-check up? I ended up with it as part of a previous transaction, but the previous owner thinks it's at least possible that it was reason for the accident. I didnt see anything on the Extreme flight websight. Any support is appreciated. Thanks.......JJ

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hi guys, does anyone happen to know if/where I can send off an Airboss Elite 80A ESC for a going though-check up? I ended up with it as part of a previous transaction, but the previous owner thinks it's at least possible that it was reason for the accident. I didnt see anything on the Extreme flight websight. Any support is appreciated. Thanks.......JJ

Have you tried sending an email to EF?

jjohns51

30cc
No Sir. I intend too, but because they are closed now, I figured I'd toss it out there, in case it were somewhere else that I would send it to, and that info was available here.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2

Maybe I can help...why does the previous owner believe that the ESC caused an issue?

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
ECS's don't have any serviceable parts in them. That I'm aware of anyway. Interesting question though.
Usually the ones that dont work have big burnt holes in them, other than that its just getting the settings right, which is
in some cases by trial and error.

Other than making a test rig, Do a lot of static testing before you send the plane into the air maybe.

jjohns51

30cc
Wow!, hey guys, sorry. I sorta gave up on the thread thinking it had run it's course with those interested. I did get a response from Extreme Flight. They said "Sadly we do not have a repair or testing facility, Thank you". Unfortunately this likely means without a LOT of plug and play sampling, I'm not likely to ever have a safe and warm fuzzy confidence that would be necessary to launch a fun filled shredding machine into the air.