• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Savox Customer Service

I just wanted to post a good expirence that I had with Savox customer service. I had a Savox SH-0255 servo that I had been flying on my 3DHS 48" EPP Extra on one of the ailerons that was slower than the other aileron servo. Servo was fine out of the box but then after about 20 or so flights I started noticing some wallowing of the wing when recovering from KE spins. I checked it over and found that one of the aileron servos was slower than the other one.

I contacted Savox and made a warranty claim on the servo. They sent me a shipping label and assigned an RMA number to my claim. I sent the servo in, about 4 weeks later a NIB servo came in the mail. The process was super easy and it appears that Savox is one of those companies that stands behind thier product. I purchased 4 more SH-0255s for my next 48" project and will continue to do business with Savox in the future.

Thank you to Savox and Joel @ HRP Distribution for handling my issue!

AKfreak

150cc
Glad to hear you got a new one, but is it just me, or is 4 weeks a bit excessive to receive a replacement servo.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Glad to hear you got a new one, but is it just me, or is 4 weeks a bit excessive to receive a replacement servo.

Yes, 4 weeks is long. BUT :)

SavoxUSA is only a distributor, the manufacturer is overseas. This can cause the occasional backlogs for stock of spares. Not excusing the time, just explaining it a little.

FWIW, I just got a replacement servo myself, I had to wait about 3 weeks, but the process was simple to do and hassle free.

I would have like to have seen it come sooner, but HRP was up front about the process taking 2-4 weeks.
Armed with this knowledge, I was able to swing by my LHS and pick up a replacement. Now I have a NIB spare that I can swap out with any problem servos and I know that Savox will support their product if I run into any more problems.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I believe other vendors have a similar turn time for repair/replacement of servos. 2-4 weeks is pretty standard.

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
I think I'll run the Savoxs I've been eyeing in my 60cc project, esp. after hearing about this. Last thing I want is to have a bad servo (which are more expensive than the ones I run on my good 48") and be stuck with it