• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Savox 2230 info

I recently installed a savox 2230 brushless servo on the rudder of my EF 104 extra. It works very well but I notice that when I power up the servos, sometimes it jitters quite a bit. Needless to say the rudder seems as if someone has hit it with a taser gun! This lasts for just a few seconds only, in the air the servo works flawlessly. Just wanted to know what you guys think causes this. Btw this is a HV setup on the extra with savox 1270's on ailerons and elevators and savox 1267 on throttle. I have so far around 20 flights with this setup.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Knife Edge,

It's may be just because your battery voltage may be a little high. I've seen most other brand servos do the same thing on the first flight of the day with a freshly charged receiver battery.

David

Stick yourself a piece of fuzzy velcro between the rudder and fin top. I have a 2270 that does the same thing, but it is on elevator. It also has a substantial more amount of time that its new brother on the other side. It doesn't matter what the pack voltage is, it will jitter, slightly.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I recently installed a savox 2230 brushless servo on the rudder of my EF 104 extra. It works very well but I notice that when I power up the servos, sometimes it jitters quite a bit. Needless to say the rudder seems as if someone has hit it with a taser gun! This lasts for just a few seconds only, in the air the servo works flawlessly. Just wanted to know what you guys think causes this. Btw this is a HV setup on the extra with savox 1270's on ailerons and elevators and savox 1267 on throttle. I have so far around 20 flights with this setup.
As it was explained to me by one of the servo manufacturers, the reason the HV Digital servos chatter like this from time to time, is because the resolution is so great that the potentiometer is searching for the "ABSOLUTE" center. With even the slightest amount of weight or pressure, it can cause many servos to do this. If that very minimal weight or pressure is removed, the servo then quiets and comes to absolute center. The resolution is as Bunky stated. Either put your fuzzy Velcro on your surface that is doing this and it will certainly stop. Either that or just don't worry about it. Once the airframe is airborne, the jitter/chatter stops because of equalized pressure on the surface.

Just passing on the information I was told. Hope that helps.