• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RG611B 6ch DMSS Park Flyer Rx

ULTIMATE

New to GSN!
Hey guys I'm getting a FMS F3a Explorer (http://www.motionrc.com/fms-f3a-explorer-1020mm-40-wingspan-pnp/?gclid=CKTf99bIl8ICFQpsfgodsF4AfQ ) and was wondering if I would be okay with a RG611B 6ch DMSS Park Flyer Rx? Does anyone know the range these have as I can get one new locally for $ $37.00 Canadian bucks!
5913c__42646.1411000016.1020.1020.JPG

What kind of distance are you looking to get. Park flyer recievers have less range than standard recievers. I have a small foamie warbird for some dog fight fun that I use a RG411B receiver in it and the range is much farther than I expected. I would say around 600-1000' distance with no issues.

Bogan

New to GSN!
I've used DMSS 411 rx in a DLG glider and flown it till it was a spec in the sky. 611 will be fine in that model. I use the 611 in pylon models.

ryan_m

100cc
Good to know, I've got a few 611's that I was debating whether or not to put into a pylon plane, and I stuck another in a glider recently too. JR really needs something full range with a small footprint like those. No satellite telemetry unit... just a main rx.

mndless

Don't know a thing..
To date, I have been pleasantly surprised at the range of these little 'part flyer' type receivers...