• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Reza has been here for a week and he's already giving stuff away! RED LINE OIL!

thurmma

150cc
When I first started running gas engines I was using Amsoil, the original blend, on the recommendation of a friend and everything seemed to be ok. I purchased a DA60 for a 30% Edge and was running the Amsoil after the breakin period was done and all seemed good to go. I noticed that I was getting a ton of black junk from the exhaust on both planes and started asking questions. I called AI and spoke to Gerhard about it and he recommended Redline oil, so I switched. After about 1 1/2 gallons through each engine I noticed no more black junk and the engines were running smoother and COOLER than they had before. I have been running Redline since then and will not use anything else, even during breakins any more. I buy mine by the gallon and just keep a few bottles around because they are easier to transport.

Reza

50cc
When I first started running gas engines I was using Amsoil, the original blend, on the recommendation of a friend and everything seemed to be ok. I purchased a DA60 for a 30% Edge and was running the Amsoil after the breakin period was done and all seemed good to go. I noticed that I was getting a ton of black junk from the exhaust on both planes and started asking questions. I called AI and spoke to Gerhard about it and he recommended Redline oil, so I switched. After about 1 1/2 gallons through each engine I noticed no more black junk and the engines were running smoother and COOLER than they had before. I have been running Redline since then and will not use anything else, even during breakins any more. I buy mine by the gallon and just keep a few bottles around because they are easier to transport.
A friend bought a 3W 220 for a P47 in my other thread picture. He messed with break in and cooling day,after day and didn't want to take my Red Line Oil recommendation. A few months past, I saw him at the field. He said he just had changed to Red Line Two Stroke Racing Oil and he couldn't be happier!

Reza

50cc
So you can teach an old dog new tricks :) I have converted a few at my field and they all say they will never use anything else again.
Problem in talking about oil is results aren't immediately evident.
I ran 100:1 Amsoil for 2 years straight. Engine started acting up and I sent everything in,including my DA mufflers.

The mufflers were plugged with hard carbon build up so bad that DA recommended me buying new ones and I did.

Think about how little oil I was running and yet it had so much build up to clog the stock mufflers. I can't imagine running 50:1 Amsoil lol

Reza

50cc
My 7days straight work week starts in an hour. I work 7 straight days of 14+ hours in a very dynamic and somewhat stressful but never dull environment.

I'll check this thread from time to time and when I get to work and get a chance I will post a picture for you all to see something ugly lol

Cheers,
Reza

sweetpea

100cc
I started using RedLine back in 2004ish. I instantly found the results much better than some of the other brand oils modelers were using. Infact I was able have Red Line as one of our Sponsors for Several Las Vegas IMAC competitions when I was the CD.

I now use it in my mowers/Edgers/Chainsaw as well.

Reza

50cc
Here’s a picture of non Red Line Oil ..Pretty ugly! I meant Very ugly…Pretty and Ugly shouldn’t be used together lol

Attachments

• klotz1.jpg
    klotz1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 254