• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rewinding a Brushless Motor

3DMad5

50cc
I recently bought a motor from some really cheap Chinese web shop, hoping that it would have enough power for the job. Unfortunately, it doesn't. I looked at some similar motors from more reputable manufacturers (Omega 103g and Hacker A30-28S V3) and it's about 100W down in power from them. Can anyone here tell me how I could rewind the motor to get more power out of it?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I recently bought a motor from some really cheap Chinese web shop, hoping that it would have enough power for the job. Unfortunately, it doesn't. I looked at some similar motors from more reputable manufacturers (Omega 103g and Hacker A30-28S V3) and it's about 100W down in power from them. Can anyone here tell me how I could rewind the motor to get more power out of it?

If it's possible to be rewound, contact Ken at subsonicplanes and he usually charges about $30 for it IIRC.

3DMad5

50cc
If it's possible to be rewound, contact Ken at subsonicplanes and he usually charges about $30 for it IIRC.

I've heard that he's considered to be the best in the business for custom wound motors, and I was considering contacting him. It is something I'd like to try myself though, and $30 is about twice what it cost to get the motor to my door! :p