• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

Are you home yet? No pressure, but it looks like you're going to hold down the fort with regards to restoring threads again this weekend. Looks like I won't be working on the Laser. That's OK though, because it's not due to work. I actually plan to be at the flying field all weekend . . . . :brian-banana:Our club Chili Fly is Saturday and temps on Sunday are supposed to be in the 60's on Sunday. . . . :woohoo!:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob, I think the word you meant to use was "install". That, or your mind is still on that "other" redhead and if you need a step ladder for that you're a whole lot shorter than 5'-9". . . :yesss:

David, Rob, get it straight. This redhead is for installing:

3W_220i_B4_cs.jpg

This redhead is for mounting:

redhead.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

Are you home yet? No pressure, but it looks like you're going to hold down the fort with regards to restoring threads again this weekend. Looks like I won't be working on the Laser. That's OK though, because it's not due to work. I actually plan to be at the flying field all weekend . . . . :brian-banana:Our club Chili Fly is Saturday and temps on Sunday are supposed to be in the 60's on Sunday. . . . :woohoo!:
Yup.... I am in fact home. Tomorrow... I "WILL" "INSTALL" this.....3W_220i_B4_cs.jpg
Well, its little brother that is. Dang, I sure would like to have a 220. Maybe on the next one. In the meantime, I will just make do with what I got. LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So where were we when we left off? Oh yes, painting the motor box and red head mounti.....I mean installation. Been at it all day and my restoration area is a mess. Never the less, motor box is painted and cured.
20160129_045354.jpg
20160129_045416.jpg

In the top of the box is a single hole and two slots made from previous owner. Just so happens they were perfect for passing the Opto-kill switch leads through. I installed a rubber grommet so as to not allow the wires to chaff. The two slots were perfect for the switches. With all that done, I was able to bolt the 212 on permanently. Ignition modules placed and secured. A fresh set of NGK CM6's and the motor moun....installation is complete.
20160129_151257.jpg
20160129_151307.jpg
20160129_151320.jpg

Now that the motor is in place, I wired up the kill switches and gave them a test run. Good spark and oh....even correctly wired. Front fires when it's supposed to. Even the back cylinders fire correctly. Lol
20160129_152654.jpg

I'm going to take a break for a bite to eat and then back to it. Plumbing the tank and gas pedal servo next.

Last edited: