• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

RedwingRC 50cc 330sc Build Log!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Mike, I would just Dremel away the lip on the bottom of the firewall for the muffler. That is what I did to get the DLE 55RA on the RedwingRC 50cc YAK. If you lengthen the standoffs, then you stand a good chance of having a large gap between the spinner back plate and cowl.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Yep that's what I did but couldn't find my dremel so away I went with a flat file! Turned out good! Working on mounting the motor now. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435985450.976153.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok here's a little tip I've learned through the years when using a template to drill holes in the firewall for the engine. Place the template in place and tape. Get a sharpie and hold and press down hard on the drill spots to let the marker bleed through. See below!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435987370.674662.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435987381.144043.jpg

Engine mounted! Looks like it will be perfect fit with just enough for a really nice spinner to cowl gap. I'm guessing it will end up at 1/8th or 3/16ths of a gap but I can't tell since the cylinder is just barely hitting the cowl.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435987586.795488.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435987595.177882.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435987603.969992.jpg

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Looking good Mike. On the lower tabs where the cowl mounts, make sure those are glued in well. Both myself and a buddy of mine have had them pull free of the firewall. Nothing broke, they just pulled loose. We reinstalled with thick CA and Kicker and they have held ever since. Also, get some 20 min finishing epoxy and some light glass cloth and cut some small patches and put them over the holes you drill in the cowl for the lower cowl bolts (on the inside). You can then redrill the holes. It will add strength to the bolt holes and prevent them from cracking or splitting.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking good Mike. On the lower tabs where the cowl mounts, make sure those are glued in well. Both myself and a buddy of mine have had them pull free of the firewall. Nothing broke, they just pulled loose. We reinstalled with thick CA and Kicker and they have held ever since. Also, get some 20 min finishing epoxy and some light glass cloth and cut some small patches and put them over the holes you drill in the cowl for the lower cowl bolts (on the inside). You can then redrill the holes. It will add strength to the bolt holes and prevent them from cracking or splitting.

Hey Thanks for the advice from someone who's been there done that! Happy 4th to all!!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
You got it!!!! That's why I chose Redwing since hardly anyone in this part of the country has one or has even heard of them.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Lol not yet... Today is full of honey dos and Fourth of July festivities. Tomorrow I will be back at it!