• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RCXL Optic Kill switch

Spats

100cc
Needs some input guys, I am thinking of trying an RCXL kill switch. I know nothing about them. Who has used them and does it just plug in between the receiver and the regulator/battery to the ignition? Safe product?

Thanks, Randy

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
Spats;2363 wrote: Needs some input guys, I am thinking of trying an RCXL kill switch. I know nothing about them. Who has used them and does it just plug in between the receiver and the regulator/battery to the ignition? Safe product?

Thanks, Randy

Awesome. Use that or a Tech Aero IBEC on all my gassers. I have hundreds of flights with them and they work as advertised.

You want

Battery > mechanical switch > rx exl kill > Ignition

Then the rcxl plugs into an aux channel.

Good stuff and cheap insurance against mechanical issues such as servo or linkage failure on the throttle

Spats

100cc
BarracudaHockey;2375 wrote: Awesome. Use that or a Tech Aero IBEC on all my gassers. I have hundreds of flights with them and they work as advertised.

You want

Battery > mechanical switch > rx exl kill > Ignition

Then the rcxl plugs into an aux channel.

Good stuff and cheap insurance against mechanical issues such as servo or linkage failure on the throttle

Baracuda, Thanks. Just to get it straight I can just plug it between the existing Badger switch and RX?

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
[MENTION=201]Spats[/MENTION] I have them in 2 50cc gassers, no issues at all. I did have the Tech aero ibec, and my A9 didn't play well with it. There are several others using the rxcel that I fly with, and no issues, can't beat them. They work, reliable, and only cost $13

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
Spats;2384 wrote: Baracuda, Thanks. Just to get it straight I can just plug it between the existing Badger switch and RX?

No, they go between the ignition battery switch and the ignition, then a 3rd lead goes to the receiver.

If you're powering everything off one battery you're better off with a Techaero IMO

Note: I dont use Badger switches so I'm assuming they function like a normal switch.

Spats

100cc
BarracudaHockey;2386 wrote: No, they go between the ignition battery switch and the ignition, then a 3rd lead goes to the receiver.

If you're powering everything off one battery you're better off with a Techaero IMO

Note: I dont use Badger switches so I'm assuming they function like a normal switch.

Ok, I get it now. Makes sense.

Thanks

I am using 3 of them. no issues on about 140 flights. The way I see it if rcexl is good enough to make the ignition they should be qualified to make an ignition cutoff. I have not modified any as shown on the instructions to work with no battery yet though.

N726AC

70cc twin V2
Lorne @pro-rc.ca;2571 wrote: I am using 3 of them. no issues on about 140 flights. The way I see it if rcexl is good enough to make the ignition they should be qualified to make an ignition cutoff. I have not modified any as shown on the instructions to work with no battery yet though.

Hi Lorne! ( I'm just post whoring again) ;)

Spats

100cc
Lorne @pro-rc.ca;2571 wrote: I am using 3 of them. no issues on about 140 flights. The way I see it if rcexl is good enough to make the ignition they should be qualified to make an ignition cutoff. I have not modified any as shown on the instructions to work with no battery yet though.

Good to know. Thanks.

N726AC;2578 wrote: Hi Lorne! ( I'm just post whoring again) ;)

Yes we all need to get our count up to get out of the glow group.:D