• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

RCCSKJ "black" power distribution board

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just thought I'd post up a few photos of the all new RCCSKJ power board.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399217090.892352.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399217130.092600.jpg

This is v2 of the power boards offered from Redwing RC, and has some easily visible improvements over the first iteration:
1- enclosed box! This version the entire box is a single enclosed unit. This will both protect the internal components better, and will also allow better and sturdier installation.
2- digital read out! There is a nice display to show you a few selectable values
3- thicker wires. The wires are a higher gauge, so less likely to become damaged.
4- a really cool color wiring diagram applied on the back of the board incase you need to make a quick reference and don't have your instructions handy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399217200.823246.jpg

Definitely think this new version is a giant leap over the V1. Way to go Redwing and RCCSKJ!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks! Yeah it's really proving to be a good item. We have already sold quite a few in the first month they've been out and I think the read out is helping a lot in understanding what is going on with the unit at all times

SnowDog

I have a question about the v1 and v2 of these boards...the built-in OptoKill (which I think is awesome) - there is a light on the box that shows if the ignition is on or off, correct? But how does that help you when you are operating the plane?
In other words, is there a way to see the enabled/disabled state of the optokill from the exterior of the plane (most optokills that I've used have a light you can attach to the fuse to visually check the on/off status.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have a question about the v1 and v2 of these boards...the built-in OptoKill (which I think is awesome) - there is a light on the box that shows if the ignition is on or off, correct? But how does that help you when you are operating the plane?
In other words, is there a way to see the enabled/disabled state of the optokill from the exterior of the plane (most optokills that I've used have a light you can attach to the fuse to visually check the on/off status.

Mike, that is another cool v2 feature. It includes an opto kill light, so you can see when it's enabled and disabled!
Power_box_RC_plane_26.jpg

Also, Redwing sells a separate LED so you can have a visual indication when the system is powered up! I couldn't find it on their site, however I think that Tim mentioned it'd be a $5 add on, and simply plugs into an open/unused servo port. (I've actually made a few similar LED-servo plugs myself to add to my Spektrum power safe receivers, since they don't have a light indicating power on status.)

gyro

GSN Contributor
From all the bench testing it's pretty nice!
It's going into my RedwingRC 89" Extra (arriving in a few days according to EMS).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403526626.686064.jpg

I really like the digital display and the audible warning and flashing light when something is wrong with ignition voltage.