• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Radio lockout

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yep, same here. I had an issue with one older jr12 channel one that took a long time to bind, but that's it. Nevera problem once the bind happened. The dsmx stuff is pretty much instantaneous bind.

Yea, I've got two or three that are DMSS and you have to hold your transmitter away from the plane and they link up a lot faster. If you are holding your TX right next to the plane I've had them not want to link up. DSMX and newer....no problem.

Yea, I've got two or three that are DMSS and you have to hold your transmitter away from the plane and they link up a lot faster. If you are holding your TX right next to the plane I've had them not want to link up. DSMX and newer....no problem.
Did you mean DMS2? Those you really needed to hold a foot away or so from the receiver to bind up. I've never really had an issue with binding on any system other than initial setup in the garage. But just hold the transmitter a away a little and no issues.

I've flown on each and every protocol that JR and Spektrum makes/made. DSM, DSM2, DSM-X, and now DMSS. I have seen a longer time in the DSM2 system powering up, when the Tx is within 4' of the airframe. So, I had starting holding the Tx out at arms length while I was still flying DSM2, and Rx power up was almost immediate.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've flown on each and every protocol that JR and Spektrum makes/made. DSM, DSM2, DSM-X, and now DMSS. I have seen a longer time in the DSM2 system powering up, when the Tx is within 4' of the airframe. So, I had starting holding the Tx out at arms length while I was still flying DSM2, and Rx power up was almost immediate.
I'm really glad you as well as so many others have a knowledge of the JR radios. My new XG11 will be here Wednesday. I may need to call on some of you for assistance. K????

Hazmat1

30cc
I know every body has thier opinions, but I made the switch to Futaba a year ago. Best decision ive made by far.
The Futaba X-bus works flawlessly.
Jerod

I use Futaba, but don't see reliability as a reason to switch from JR. While there are some minor technical advantages for the FASST system, in real life I believe they matter in an almost unbelievably rare set of circumstances. Almost all "radio glitches" for these two brands (and actually for a few others) turn out to be something else if they are really tracked down. Even if your problem is the radio, it is not a brand problem, it is the specific unit you have. If it turns out to be the Tx it might make sense to consider changing brands if you like features and programming of another choice, but otherwise it just doesn't make financial sense to switch.