• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Programmable Mixes

econpatric

70cc twin V2
If you have coupling you want to have the mix on all the time. Here's another example why. If you have coupling in a flat turn where the inbound wing drops when you input rudder. During a landing were you what to slide the plane over to the runway. the last thing you need is for the wing to drop when your close the ground. Also during competition if you what to slide the plane to straiten out your line you don't what the judges to see that wing drop.
I leave all my coupling mix's on all the time. Dennis

When would you want to have one of these mixes switched?

Certain mixs used in competition such as the down line mix should be on a switch. also a mix for high alphs where you have the ailerons go up with up elevators to help with wing walk should also be on a switch. Another would be a snap roll were you want high rate ail and rudder but low rate elev. can be in a fight mode.
Remember all this mixing is tailored to your liking. And it needs time to get what you want. What I do to try something new is make a copy of the plane. Try the new mix on the copy if I don't like it i can go back to the original program. That way i haven't lost the program or forgot what i did.
Only do one thing at a time until your happy, then move on to another mix. Never do to many at a time.
With a new plane always go to the field with a flight plan when trimming and trying mixs. Burning holes in the sky doesn't get you anywhere.
Get the plane to fly true. Get the CG right. Get the expo and diff and rates to your liking. then move on the mixes. Always wright down what you do and how it changes the way the plane flys. If you don't you will forget the next week. It takes time but in the end you'll have a plane that fly great and it makes you a better pilot. Dennis