• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Problem starting new DLE111

never heard of heli coils before (and was thinking to myself, if only such a thing existed!!!) so will try to get a kit.... if only for the fun of trying it out !

Thanks again...

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm certainly no expert and have never used one myself. But I know there are kits for when you do that to your car. I think that 8s what they are called but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be wrong lol.

Well.. received the new cylinder head.. and fitted it... The engine is back to form again.. It's not the easiest to start, though, probably doe to the position of the carb. While with my 55cc one, rocking the prop will pump the fuel into the carb and then into the cylinder, with the 111, it reaches the carb ok, but then spills out. You need to turn over the prop a good few times (approx 20) before it reaches the chamber and then will start...and then if you leave it for a more than 10 mins between flights, the fuel seems to drain back out of the engine again and it takes ages to start..

However, the plane flies like a dream. Its a lot easier to land than the 55cc one. It just drifts down ... magic !!!!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Well.. received the new cylinder head.. and fitted it... The engine is back to form again.. It's not the easiest to start, though, probably doe to the position of the carb. While with my 55cc one, rocking the prop will pump the fuel into the carb and then into the cylinder, with the 111, it reaches the carb ok, but then spills out. You need to turn over the prop a good few times (approx 20) before it reaches the chamber and then will start...and then if you leave it for a more than 10 mins between flights, the fuel seems to drain back out of the engine again and it takes ages to start..

However, the plane flies like a dream. Its a lot easier to land than the 55cc one. It just drifts down ... magic !!!!

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with this engine. I had the DLE-111 v3 and it ran like a champ and never had any of the issues you have described. It always started after a couple flips and fuel was always available and ready to go in the carb. I'm not an expert on the 111 by any means but maybe [MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] could weigh in, he certainly is an expert on pretty much all the engines!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
My dle 35 does the same thing. I usually have to choke it for almost every start. Otherwise it runs great.

Just fitted an on-board starter .. solves the sore arm issue ! and is neat !

[video]https://youtu.be/BIxJCxTggyU[/video]

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok so that is pretty cool, did it add a bunch of weight with the whole system?

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
[MENTION=3324]ron_owens[/MENTION] That's way cool! I've seen the one from milehighrc for the eme's but not one for the DLE! Who makes it?