• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Power expander for 30cc?

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Well I just got home and tried the servos again just to make sure they were sticking yet, and they were. I plugged in the lipo and they moved a bit faster on the lipo. Best thing is they quit sticking. I'll keep an eye on it for a while on the next few flights, but it looks like the lipo fixed it. Fingers crossed...

Take a look at your servo monitor also. Just make sure there is not an issue with the radio. The monitor should pick up a bad pot.

emtp275

100cc
Yay for Lipo, LOL na kidding but Most issues with JR rx from what I know in the past any ways comes from when you push the servos to the point they drop below 5V, this shouldn't happen with the battery you had.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Yay for Lipo, LOL na kidding but Most issues with JR rx from what I know in the past any ways comes from when you push the servos to the point they drop below 5V, this shouldn't happen with the battery you had.
That's what I thought too. I've been running this batt for a year and a half and haven't had issues. I know many other guys are running lions so it has to be a workable plan. That's why I say I'll keep an eye on it for a while, because I'm not totally sure the issue is whipped, but I hope so.

emtp275

100cc
I was running 5 hitec 7954's on a single 2s lipo with a 30cc but now I think about it Im not sure why i trust one on a 30cc and I run two on a 50cc, and it only has one extra servo, But I did make a reverse Y so my battery input entered the Rx twice

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I've changed the lion out for a lipo, and bench testing has shown that the issue is fixed. I won't write it off till I fly it a time or two though.

camss69

70cc twin V2
What size/capacity LiIon are/were you running?

How many and what type of connection from the battery to the receiver?