Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Power boards/expanders really needed?

Discussion in 'Onboard Electronics' started by capthis, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Terry is basically the guy I take a lot of advice from, he is very sound in his reasoning.

Terryscustom likes this.
  2. jhelber08

jhelber08 70cc twin V2

I think that's pretty much Jase's setup! (except maybe the ibecs)

I've had the failsafe switches give out on me a time or two to where I couldn't turn the plane off after a flight. I used to keep a few spares in my trailer for that reason. Other than that, this setup works great.

3. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

Thanks for all the replys.

HH doesn't give those power safe Rx's away that's for sure!

4. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

I really just make it all up as I go LOL

49dimes likes this.
  5. Terryscustom

Yes, Jase runs this same setup, I think they run ignition packs though. I actually run these Booma pin switches with the P-safe: https://duraliteflightsystems.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=154_158&product_id=472

JAG likes this.
  6. Terryscustom

Compared to the price of an RX and a power expander.....kind of a wash if it's about cost.

7. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

True. Problem is I have several Rx's already that aren't power safe...

8. Terryscustom

Easy solution: http://giantscalenews.com/categories/classifieds.88/

If you are set on using stuff you have, then you are stuck with power expander and a soft switch or fiber-optic switch.

9. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Hey some people are better at pulling stuff out from where the sun don't shine than others :eek::laughing:

I'm with Terry though, I'd sell the receivers and get the ones purpose built for GS applications.

10. JAG

JAG 70cc twin V2

Anyone know if Spektrum is working on a new series of power safe receivers? Seems like the AR12120 and AR9110 have both been on back order for a long time.