• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Planebender Products Welcomes you!

Hello All, I'm very excited to have the use of this forum to answer all questions about my products and the applications needed. We sell the Best in Exhaust products and they are made in the USA. Also I stock a full line of GP Engines and soon I will be your West Coast dealer for Falcon Propellers. So if you have a question or concern about a Planebender Product This is the place!

Thank You and Welcome to Giant Scale News!!!

Dave "Planebender" Sullivan

www.planebenderproducts.com

Twister

70cc twin V2
Hey Dave I have a noise requirement at my field 95db at 25' will the smooth pipes get me under that on a gp123 and a falcon 29x9 (would a 29x9w be better on the pipes? )

HELLFIRE

30cc
Nothing but Proflows for my planes!!! Best quality cans and pipes out there and backed by amazing customer service!!!! Thanks Dave!!!!

HELLFIRE

30cc
Twister;15784 wrote: Hey Dave I have a noise requirement at my field 95db at 25' will the smooth pipes get me under that on a gp123 and a falcon 29x9 (would a 29x9w be better on the pipes? )

Geno and I are running Daves Proflow Cans on our DA 120's and we registered 91.4 db amazingly with both a 29x9 and 27x11 Falcon Carbon props. I think the smooth pipes are around the same sound level but being a pipe it will rip the props at higher rpm causing it to be louder. This was at 25ft on grass with the meter 2ft above ground directly inline with the prop disk to the right of the airplane. Hope this helps. You will love the Proflow cans or smoothpipes!!!! Just Sayin!! lol

Twister;15784 wrote: Hey Dave I have a noise requirement at my field 95db at 25' will the smooth pipes get me under that on a gp123 and a falcon 29x9 (would a 29x9w be better on the pipes? )

Hi Twister, Sorry for the delay in response (Busy)

95 DB is not a problem as long as you install the right prop. I run the Biella 29X10

Dave

Twister

70cc twin V2
Planebender;15804 wrote: Hi Twister, Sorry for the delay in response (Busy)

95 DB is not a problem as long as you install the right prop. I run the Biella 29X10

Dave

Don't be sorry,you answered with-in 2 hrs on a sun that's a big + in my book. Any way I'm planning on putting the GP123 with smooth pipes or proflows into a 3dhs 108" extra, I like more high energy stuff ( pop-tops, knife-edge spins, you know stuff that really tests an airframe ) which do you think is better I really don't hover much although I like to harrier. I'm just concerned about the noise from the exhaust and prop.