• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Plane Stand Pro - fuselage stand.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
OK, I'm at a cross roads as to what material to use.

- I have heavier Plywood with MDF that looks nicer, would paint easy and stays nice and flat. Finished shipping weight for the kit comes in at about 24lbs. That makes shipping price about $32-35 with the size.

- Or I found this plywood that cuts nice, both sides are nice and finished kit comes in at about 16lbs. so shipping would be closer to $25-27 for the kit.

The kicker is the wood one would require some sanding (not by me, I can't invest labor time), AND the wood one costs $10 more per sheet.

So is $35 for shipping scary for a better quality product? This brings total purchase price to basically $120 bucks.

Thoughts?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Edit, well this is cool. I just got a price from the company we do most of our work with. They have 1/2" birch plywood, FINISHED on both sides but it will still come in at about 25lb. shipping weight. So basically for a few bucks more for shipping the wood will be pre-finished with a clear-coat. Sounds like we may have a winner. I'll get some and cut them next week, looking like it will be end of the week though and I'll post some pics

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Edit, well this is cool. I just got a price from the company we do most of our work with. They have 1/2" birch plywood, FINISHED on both sides but it will still come in at about 25lb. shipping weight. So basically for a few bucks more for shipping the wood will be pre-finished with a clear-coat. Sounds like we may have a winner. I'll get some and cut them next week, looking like it will be end of the week though and I'll post some pics
Cool! Sounds awesome. I'm still in for 3 stands.:way_to_go:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yea, after they told me about the clear finish on both sides, I figured I'm all in for that!! And it's CARB compliant and UV coated for all he folks in CA that may want one. LOL, that state spends too much time looking at ways to make things more complicated!

I am taking one with me to Kentucky cut from the MDF wood for them to give away this weekend at the Taildragger Extreme 3D Fest.

I will also take one to the Black Hills Huckfest with me to give away, check it out, take the family and see Mt. Rushmore while you are there!

ericrs

70cc twin V2
You will have the "DA" of plane stands. Quality is not free and this will be made in the USA. For the marginal difference in the delivered price; the better product is worth it!
I totally agree. In my cabinet shop I will not use cheep plywood. It's disgusting to work with. I will always go for the higher quality any day!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I was going to cut a bunch on Tuesday, I'm out of town at the Extreme 3D Fest and I got word I have a hot project with work when I get back. I'll be cutting probably 20 of them next weekend and more the following week. PM me your name and PP address and I'll send an invoice when they are cut and ready to roll. I have not shown them anywhere but here yet so I'll set up something else when I get more coordinated.