• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
This is my favorite place to get lipo.

Thanks Mike. I went and took a look, look's good to me for Li-Po's. I do need a Ni-Mh 9.6 transmitter battery, mine is a Hydrimax from Graves but they are out, go figure. I ran through my planes and everything was good so as soon as I get some batts I'll be back in the air. Everyone can still post sites for everything as I don't have anything. Don't even remember where to get a decent ARF much less equipment.

fubar1000

New to GSN!
Hi there! I'm a new member searching for these planes too and just came across this old thread. I may have some answers to some of these questions around these Pitts planes. I work for skincare company called Kiehl's Since 1851 and the former owner was involved in this 1986 flight around the Statue or Liberty and according to the old pics I have there were at least 5 planes. At least 2 of the planes were kept in the first store (an old pharmacy in the East Village in NYC). I'm attaching some pics of the planes in the store and from the day of the fly around.

The tail #'s of the planes that used to be in the store are N49333 and N49332. Still trying to figure out the tail #'s of the other ones inthe fleet.
My goal is to track down where the planes are now. Has anyone found out additional info since this original discussion?

View attachment 109594 View attachment 109595
I don't know if anyone is still listening to this thread, but I can offer considerable information on those airplanes. I and another guy bought all three of the airplanes from Aaron Morse, the guy in the pictures. If anyone is still interested in them, reply and I will finish the story.

fubar1000

New to GSN!
Hello NYEagle, and welcome to GSN.
I have the tail covering to the original Red Eagle #49333 and a pic of the blue and white, but this is the first I have heard of the two others.
The White Eagle is, according to my pic, tail #49335. And your pic of the Blue Eagle verifies what I thought my blurry pic was 49332. You said according to your pics there were five, could you post those pics showing the other two?
Where did you get the tail covering? I am the one that recovered that airplane, and I have one side on the wall of my hangar.

fubar1000

New to GSN!
Hi!
What do you mean by the tail cover to 49333? Do you have a pic? Could you attach the pic you have of White Eagle?

I haven't found pics of the other 2 planes yet. I only found a reference to them handwritten on the pic of the 2 planes I attached to the previous post. The handwriting is from the former owner ...he hand wrote on tons of images and posted around the store. Trying to see if there are more old images hiding in an archive.

Here is one more I found of what I believe is the White Eagle from the 1986 celebration. I can't see a tail # on it though, do you?
View attachment 109646
That airplane is 49335, a Pitts S-2B.
1675703863524.png

fubar1000

New to GSN!
My partner and I bought all three airplanes from Aaron Morse in 1990. Two S-1T's, 49332 and 49333, and one S-2B, 49335. There never were five airplanes, I think Aaron had plans for it but never did it. My partner, myself, and Delmar Benjamin ferried all three airplanes to Spokane, Washington. We sold the B to a local guy, and he campaigned it to airshows for about three years. He managed to have a prop strike that he never addressed properly and sometime later the flange came apart. He busted it up pretty good, trying to get back on the ground. The wreck was sold to another local guy, and he rebuilt the airplane and used it for contests.

The blue T, 49332, was sold to another local guy, and I kept 49333. Along with another S-2B we formed an airshow team called the Sky Blues Brothers. I also flew solo performances at a north Idaho theme park called Silverwood.

About 2000, I recovered 49333 and I ferried 49332 to the factory to be recovered. Around 2005, 49332 was sold to Bobby Powell, and 49333 was sold to Jacquie Warda, she later changed the N number to 77MN. Jacquie flew airshows for several years until someone replaced the prop seal, and it came loose over the high desert of Oregon. The airplane was totaled, but Jacquie walked away. After I sold 49333, the owner of the B, 49335 had an Extra and was flying contests, so I took 49335 for a few years, until I eventually bought an S-2S.

49332 is now owned by a lady in Arizona, 49335 is owned by a guy on the Washington coast, and 49333 is no more. Now you know the rest of the story. I have lots of pictures, tell me what you want to see.

Here is the B after rebuild, with me flying it. It was the smoothest running 540 I have ever flown.

1675718821687.png

fubar1000

New to GSN!
Hi there! I'm a new member searching for these planes too and just came across this old thread. I may have some answers to some of these questions around these Pitts planes. I work for skincare company called Kiehl's Since 1851 and the former owner was involved in this 1986 flight around the Statue or Liberty and according to the old pics I have there were at least 5 planes. At least 2 of the planes were kept in the first store (an old pharmacy in the East Village in NYC). I'm attaching some pics of the planes in the store and from the day of the fly around.

The tail #'s of the planes that used to be in the store are N49333 and N49332. Still trying to figure out the tail #'s of the other ones inthe fleet.
My goal is to track down where the planes are now. Has anyone found out additional info since this original discussion?

View attachment 109594 View attachment 109595
There never were five airplanes, only three. Two S-1T's, (49332 and 49333) and the S-2B (49335).