• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Really do you realize how fortunate you are living in the USA. If I do not have something and I need to order it is minimum 3 weeks. I am just jealous.
That is why we keep's extra of the usual stuff. Whenever I need something such as an IBEC when I pull one out of the box I order another one or two if it's the last. I have a number of Rx's, servos, Tech Aero's, switches, trays of nuts/bolts/screws, etc. etc. Not everything is over night and that virtue of patients is non existent when needing it now.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The wings are on and operating normally. All control surfaces need the link's adjusted for center, after maiden I will readjust for whatever trim is needed as usual. Now to cover the struts. Oh, uh, the plans for the day got rescheduled that's why I am here. I am looking into vinyl for the stripes instead of spraying, as soon as I make up my mind I will go in that direction.

Attachments

• P1090112.JPG
    P1090112.JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 223

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
After the above post being as FedEx had not shown up yet with my package from Graves I continued on doing little things. First was covering the struts, have I mentioned lately how much I hate plastic. lol. Next I made up the throttle and choke linkage then soldered and installed the fuel and oil overflow tube bracket. About seven o'clock the truck pulled in the driveway but it was to late by then, already started putting everything up and cleaning. Have to have a clean room for a fresh start the next time.
I decided being I have the paint it would be stupid to go buying vinyl for the silver stripes, and the fact I have to break it out anyway for the cowl. So once I finish up a few little things I will start taping and masking off.

Attachments

• P1090113.JPG
    P1090113.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 234
  • P1090114.JPG
    P1090114.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 265

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Very nice....enjoying this build.
I noticed the tail covering from S1-T 49333. Was that yours?
I had 49308 back in the day:)
View attachment 106859
No sir. If what little memory serves me correctly the gent that did the repaint from the original Eagle to Jacquie Warda's version is a modeler and on one of these forums. He offered it, I graciously and happily accepted it.
With the chaotic last 4'ish years it is a wonder I can remember anything and the sad thing is I even right a lot of it down but with the move's even that got lost. But I am settling down where we are at and almost back to a routine. Still have the in-law were working through, which got a lot more difficult with a massive stroke, but once that is done thing's will be back to normal.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Not a lot of free time the last few days, well, shop kind of free time but I do get a few minutes here and there. In those minutes the cowl and pants have been sanded and the intakes opened up. I decided not to do anything with the smiley face being there is no telling how long this thing will even last or be around. I also got the aluminum panels sanded, primed, and a light coat of white in prep for the yellow.

Attachments

• P1090117.JPG
    P1090117.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 200