• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The original Red Eagle was later owned by Jacquie Warda whom had it recovered, it met it's demise some years after that. The fella that did the recover saved one side of the fin and rudder and some years later gave it to me. Below is a pic of Jacquie's version of the Red Eagle, a pic I have of the White Eagle, and the original Red Eagle tail cover pieces on the wall. I also heard a story where the company that had these Eagle's built had others built but the others were for personal reason, rumors were they were for friends.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 441
  • 12-1-15-960-Barron[250].jpg
    12-1-15-960-Barron[250].jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 459
  • P1090332.JPG
    P1090332.JPG
    876.9 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

NYEagle

New to GSN!
The original Red Eagle was later owned by Jacquie Warda whom had it recovered, it met it's demise some years after that. The fella that did the recover saved one side of the fin and rudder and some years later gave it to me. Below is a pic of Jacquie's version of the Red Eagle and a pic I have of the White Eagle. I also heard a story where the company that had these Eagle's built had others built but the others were for personal reason, rumors were they were for friends.

WOW! Great pics. Do you know who the guy is with the White Eagle?

LMK if you're ever looking to part with the remnants of 49333! Such an interesting piece of history :)

And here's one more pic of WE...
White Eagle.jpg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
So, we have covered the Red, White, and Blue Eagle but you mentioned you had photos of all five. Do you have photos of all five?
One day I would like to build all three in third scale, just think it would be cool. Could I get you to email me your photos in full digital size? The ones your posting do not copy, electronically, very well.

I have no idea whom the guy in the White Eagle photo is.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
And I doubt I will ever part with the covering as it means so much to me from my endeavors in building the Jacquie Warda's Red Eagle. Just a great piece of history that apparently did not have much coverage or documentation.

NYEagle

New to GSN!
And I doubt I will ever part with the covering as it means so much to me from my endeavors in building the Jacquie Warda's Red Eagle. Just a great piece of history that apparently did not have much coverage or documentation.

I don't have a photo of all 5 as of now. If I find one I'll absolutely share with you! Still searching.

I didn't realize you build Jacquie's R.E...super cool. Totally understand holding on to that tail...had to ask though :)

And yes, I can email you hi-res pics. Send me your email address.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It is hard to believe the Challenger has been on hold for a year. Just finished rebuilding my everyday flier and think it is time to finish this Bulldog up. Will spend tomorrow cleaning the shop and getting reacquainted with where I am at with the airframe, then get back to covering.

Attachments

• P1090412.JPG
    P1090412.JPG
    352.2 KB · Views: 395