• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

yakken

100cc
Rtv, i put a lock washer on the bolts. Never had one come loose. Btw, i think i seen where you was looking at a 100cc pilot yak. Great plane. I have about 1500 flights on mine and its still going. I beat on it pretty hard. Tavis has threw down with it a few times and liked it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Anyway... back to the purple monster... I was thinking of going with this power setup:

View attachment 44735
I have one of those. Actually very compact and superior for setup. I like it.
Hey, how do you guys mount your headers/mufflers? RTV only? Gaskets only? Gaskets and RTV together?
I've been using the red high temp silicone with the gaskets. Seals rather nicely with no seapage. I don't use any locktite or lock washers. After using lock washers, I dropped a header on the 260 and the hot exhaust melted the throttle ball link and I nearly lost the plane. From that point on I started using "Nordlocks" as the replacement on everything. Haven't had so much as a loose bolt since.

Hey @Joe Hunt , check out this pic. Look closely behind the canopy of the big Ultimate.

12193752_929029963851371_4435617965180657588_n.jpg