• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 40% 330 Recover and Build

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
You gentlemen are so kind and appreciative. Thank you, one and all. You're all awesome. Kelly, if you want something to put between those "stretchy outty thingys", I think I just might have what the doctor, (or mad scientist) has in mind. Wanna know what it is?

And just what that might be??? My stretchy outty thing doesn't work so well these days. Besides.....I have all but forgotten what "strechy outty thingys" are??? :confused:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just a question do Have a 3W-110CS or have you played with one. What are thoughts on the engine and how does it compare to DA120. I know it is a little more money but that is not the reason why some would buy a 3W-110CS.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just a question do Have a 3W-110CS or have you played with one. What are thoughts on the engine and how does it compare to DA120. I know it is a little more money but that is not the reason why some would buy a 3W-110CS.
No, unfortunately I do not. I was supposed to get one with that 170 CS. But that fell through as the seller was a bit of a flake. I've not had the opportunity to run one. But from what I am seeing it has far more power than anything in its class. There are numerous YouTube videos showing them being run. If I remember right, one of your coherts in Canada who does all of those engine test run videos tested one of them with a falcon 30x10 prop. And if I remember right, he was getting 6600 static RPM. Yes the mighty dubs are more money. But in my opinion well worth every penny. I have not been yet dissatisfied with any of the ones that I have purchased. There is no question in my mind and the decision has already been made. The big Don Smith Mustang will get a 110 CS inline twin. That is unless by some Stroke of Luck I win the lottery. Then of course it will be a Kolm for sure!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Snoopy1,

I have to agree with Rob. I think 3W's are worth every penny. My flying Buddy has a 110CS in his 35% Carden Extra 330. He pulled a DA-100 out of the plane when it decided to self destruct. I can tell you first hand that the difference in performance is like night and day. It even surprised my Buddy who has been flying for over 40 years. Of course, the 3W is a bit larger than the DA, but the difference in performance is astonishing. Please believe me I am not bashing DA, in fact just the opposite. DA was AWESOME because they fixed the engine at no cost even though the warranty period for the engine was long over. This is why my first choice for gas 2 strokes will always be 3W and my second (and only other choice) will be a DA.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
No, unfortunately I do not. I was supposed to get one with that 170 CS. But that fell through as the seller was a bit of a flake. I've not had the opportunity to run one. But from what I am seeing it has far more power than anything in its class. There are numerous YouTube videos showing them being run. If I remember right, one of your coherts in Canada who does all of those engine test run videos tested one of them with a falcon 30x10 prop. And if I remember right, he was getting 6600 static RPM. Yes the mighty dubs are more money. But in my opinion well worth every penny. I have not been yet dissatisfied with any of the ones that I have purchased. There is no question in my mind and the decision has already been made. The big Don Smith Mustang will get a 110 CS inline twin. That is unless by some Stroke of Luck I win the lottery. Then of course it will be a Kolm for sure!

Hey @Snoopy1,

I have to agree with Rob. I think 3W's are worth every penny. My flying Buddy has a 110CS in his 35% Carden Extra 330. He pulled a DA-100 out of the plane when it decided to self destruct. I can tell you first hand that the difference in performance is like night and day. It even surprised my Buddy who has been flying for over 40 years. Of course, the 3W is a bit larger than the DA, but the difference in performance is astonishing. Please believe me I am not bashing DA, in fact just the opposite. DA was AWESOME because they fixed the engine at no cost even though the warranty period for the engine was long over. This is why my first choice for gas 2 strokes will always be 3W and my second (and only other choice) will be a DA.

Gentleman thanks for taking the time to give that Wright up on the engine,

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yes, will agree DA has an uncompromised warranty program. Yes, Gerhard stands behind every new Dub purchased. But not even he goes to the lengths DA does. Well, not for maybe everyone. I will say, he has been right straight up and top shelf with me. That said, I did own two brand new DA's. A 60 single and a 70 twin. Both brand new in the box. I just didn't get any warm fuzzies with them like I do the 3w. But again, I will admit. I really kick myself for selling the 70 twin. Who knew it would turn out to be the cream at the top of the finest cows milk? Hey @49dimes I want my DA back. Lol