• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Pete's Tip of the Week: Using Zip Ties on Fuel Lines

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Hey 3DCF pilots and builders, welcome back for another installment of Pete’s Tip of the Week! We have not post a new tip of the week here in a little while, but with only one more day until Christmas, we wanted to share our most recent post! We are excited and hope that you all enjoy a very happy holiday with friends, family, loved ones, and possibly some new toys! Today's tip will be dealing with fuel lines and will hopefully help give you the extra edge with that next build! Even if you don’t own an Aerobeez plane or have yet to take the first step into becoming an RC pilot, we want to help you improve your model building, set-up, and eventually flying skills.

So without further ado, today’s tip will focus on: Using Zip Ties on Fuel Lines

A good habit to get into when setting up your fuel tank and lines is to use small zip ties on each of the fuel line connections. This will keep the lines from slipping during flight and vibrations. Many people out there use twist wires, but this method will cause problems over time. Wires once twisted with tension, in time will cut the fuel line , where as zip ties do not have this problem and is the reason Pete suggests making the switch.

15.jpg

Thank you as always for reading Pete's Tip of the Week and check back for more each week!

Be sure to follow us on all of our social channels for updates on products and other tips and tricks.

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Now go enjoy your building and flying!

Your Hobby, Our Passion!

Aerobeez

Last edited by a moderator:
Great tip Pete.

Another thing worth mentioning is that fuel lines get very slippery once they get wet with gasoline (I learned this the hard way). So it may be a good idea to either solder on a fuel line barb or just solder on a blob of solder like I did. That will give the zip tie something to grab.

Marc

tank inlet.jpg

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Great tip Pete.

Another thing worth mentioning is that fuel lines get very slippery once they get wet with gasoline (I learned this the hard way). So it may be a good idea to either solder on a fuel line barb or just solder on a blob of solder like I did. That will give the zip tie something to grab.

Marc

View attachment 31865

Hey, thanks for reading Marc and thank you for another great tip/trick to help with fuel line slippage.

Team Aerobeez