• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got the cowl at my friends paint shop undergoing plastic surgery. Should be ready after Christmas. Hope to have some pics for all soon. Got some pics of the engine after 4 flights and everything is looking clean and sharp. The new gas tank appears leak free:).
1223151933-00.jpg
1223151934-00.jpg
1223151935-00.jpg
1223151938-00.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Being this build thread is on final approach I have some flight plans being written for a new build as long as the FAA does not shut my plans down. Some parting shots of the 104. She was a beast-mo of a plane but I have sold her to a good buddy and need to get busy cannibalizing so this airframe gets to its new owner.
1223152323-00.jpg
1223152324-00.jpg
1223152325-00.jpg

The flight plan will include a 107" Pilot Edge 540 and most of the cannibalized parts from the 104 with the exception of servos.

I will be running 5 of the BLS H50B servos posted earlier and set the plane up to look on the inside as the one in this thread

1223152327-00.jpg

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Being this build thread is on final approach I have some flight plans being written for a new build as long as the FAA does not shut my plans down. Some parting shots of the 104. She was a beast-mo of a plane but I have sold her to a good buddy and need to get busy cannibalizing so this airframe gets to its new owner.
View attachment 46959 View attachment 46960 View attachment 46961

The flight plan will include a 107" Pilot Edge 540 and most of the cannibalized parts from the 104 with the exception of servos.

I will be running 5 of the BLS H50B servos posted earlier and set the plane up to look on the inside as the one in this thread

View attachment 46962
Ummm....ok. So what ya waitin' fer? Get off the internet and hop to it holmes. LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
YES. It's what we used to call a "hot" plane. Do the cg one way and low and slow suffers do it the other and you need every bit of the runway to land:face-palm:.
Ah well... that 'splains it. I had a Slick that was that way. Really great flying plane in most respects. Low down on the deck full on mashed gas pedal knife edge passes were insane. Change the CG for more extreme 3D and it was the worst pig to land. But did great aerbatics. Change the CG so it would fly more stable and land decent, and it lost every bit of agility it had. Yup, offed it for a better plane.:way_to_go:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Kelly,

I hope you're out of the way of all that nasty weather going on down there. I hope you had a good Christmas Buddy, I sure did. Even though my four little boxes won't show up till next week.

You know, now that you've started talking about a new plane, you're going to have to do a build thread on it. . . . . . .:yesss:. WE have all survived this build thread and I'm sure we can survive the next one too. . . :laughing:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Kelly,

I hope you're out of the way of all that nasty weather going on down there. I hope you had a good Christmas Buddy, I sure did. Even though my four little boxes won't show up till next week.

You know, now that you've started talking about a new plane, you're going to have to do a build thread on it. . . . . . .:yesss:. WE have all survived this build thread and I'm sure we can survive the next one too. . . :laughing:
:yesss: