• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well, I just "can't" be the only one without one. They are definitely a fine looking plane. Time to start deciding. Spring is acomin.

Bipeguy03

150cc
The SWB standoffs did the trick!! No more engine coming loose, got a bunch of flights on her this afternoon. Getting the engine dialed in, and havin fun!!

Still banking of to the right when I do a hard pull and tries to fall off to the right in a harrier... I hate using comp mix's but I'm starting to think I'm going to have to program some left aileron into up elevator.

attachment.php

16603=11619-10576985_731574833546324_7215492552379904416_n.jpg
16603=11619-10576985_731574833546324_7215492552379904416_n.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
AEROSHELDON;16612 wrote: I hardly ever see it as an issue, but.... have you checked the lateral balance?

I thought of that this evening as well, I had to do a composite layup for work after I flew so I'm going to check it in the morning. It's the only thing left that it could be.

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Have you checked to make sure your elevator halves are precisely matched? Both in total travel as well as through their range of motion? If they are not matched, it could cause the condition you describe.

Regards,

Astro

Bipeguy03

150cc
Tseres;16619 wrote: Could be one elevator coming up faster then the other. It happenned to me.

I checked that and used the channel delay function in my radio to slow down the right elevator servo to the point I could visually see it being slower.

All it did was make it really weird, it started pulling to the left with gentle pulls and still went to the right with a hard pull.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Astrohog;16622 wrote: Have you checked to make sure your elevator halves are precisely matched? Both in total travel as well as through their range of motion? If they are not matched, it could cause the condition you describe.

Regards,

Astro

Yep, been through the elevators 2 or 3 times now. Both center well, matched speed, and matched at deflection throughout the travel.. It has to be lateral balance or aerodynamic.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I forgot to mention, the right wing dips in an inverted harrier as well. That's why I'm leaning toward lateral balance being the culprit.