• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

tylerzx9r

100cc
It was a blast! I always get a gitty feeling flying with these guys! Always look forward to the next opportunity to share airspace with Jake and Terry! Also with the Law behind a lens we always get good memories! This one should be uploaded to the P_A_U website, what do you think HERVE?

CHass

30cc
Hi Guys
Last year after a difficult start to my season I ended up buying a PAU extra 300sp for XFC. I had flown Dean Lampron's extra at Joe Nall and knew it was good airframe.

After a summer of flying I am so happy that I bought this plane. Over the winter, I completely stripped the plane down and went over it with a fine tooth comb. I found one stringer lose in the fuse and the turtle deck was broken lose to the vertical fin and that was it. That was after 1 pancake landing, landing in a corn field and my flying.

While I had the stripped I did add a few things to the plane. First is I added 1" to the trailing edge of the rudder (I did this late in the season last year after i broke the rudder). I then added 1/16th inch sheeting to the vertical fin and rudder. I then added carbon bracing in the tail to help transfer the twisting force through the fuse to prevent the turtle deck for breaking again. There are few other things that are there that you will have to come to XFC to see ;)

Now that we are getting close to the start of flying weather here in the north, The plane is completely covered and the cowl landing gear wheel pants canopy and pilot are all out for paint at TAS Kustoms (Check him out on facebook to see his work). I should have the parts back in a week or so and I will post pictures then.

Thank you
Chris Hass
Team Futaba

Hey guys...been a couple weeks or so since posted any more progress on the Big Extra...with the exception of a Fuel Dot arriving tomorrow in the mail it is finally done! After the pictures posted here...hopefully the next picture will be it sitting outside put together ready to start the motor! (if winter cold will ever leave the Muncie, IN area!)

After taking a couple of weeks off to get married...this past week has been just finishing up the electronics install. I am very anal with wiring, etc...so not only does every wire have to have sleeving...but any place that a wire or fuel tubing could touch the frame has a grommet stand off to resist chaffing. I am by no means an expert craftsman...but like to tinker, so a few pictures are just of how I do some stuff that others might not have thought of (or have)...

I was very happy when I checked CG and was able to move batteries around and the extra balances right on the center of the wing tube. I did move the ignition battery all the way forward as I still need to get a pilot for IMAC...and figure the ignition battery being forward should off set the pilot that is behind the CG....

All the Jeti Telemetry is installed and connected to the Central Box 200 and consists of RPM, individual cylinder temps for all 4 cylinders and a GPS unit. The GPS unit was really for shits and giggles to look at altitude and speed logs.

Really looking forward to getting this Extra in the air! Thanks Herve LeJeune and Tom Reifsnyder for your patience with some questions I had during the build!

IMG_0789_zpscwnxknci.jpg
IMG_0790_zpsec8bmmc0.jpg
IMG_0792_zpsshc76teg.jpg
IMG_0794_zpskiregvq7.jpg
IMG_0803_zpsnvjpabg9.jpg
IMG_0802_zpsxvq0bpkv.jpg
IMG_0801_zpszyo3mnge.jpg
IMG_0800_zpsovva1qie.jpg
IMG_0799_zpslmffi1ch.jpg
IMG_0798_zpsajewwx6p.jpg