• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
Question--what are you guys doing about the bolts for the control horns that stick out? Cut them off? I put a little rubber cap on them to protect my wing bags but I was thinking of a cutoff wheel.... :)

Bipeguy03

150cc
AEROSHELDON;13573 wrote: Question--what are you guys doing about the bolts for the control horns that stick out? Cut them off? I put a little rubber cap on them to protect my wing bags but I was thinking of a cutoff wheel.... :)

Congrats on your maiden!!!

On my Extra After I got all the flight trimming done I zipped them off with a cutoff wheel, worked fine!!

Bipeguy03

150cc
I put a Falcon 27x10 on my Ultimate the other day to replace my Xoar Sword 27x10.

I see a lot of people running 28x9.5's on their 111's but good lord, the 27x10 was like a stump puller on mine!! Maybe it's just because it's a bipe! lol

Bipeguy03

150cc
AEROSHELDON;13587 wrote: Thanks! Did you screw them down a couple and cut them or just hack them off attached and leave a nub?

I set the horn where I wanted it, then put a piece of masking tape around the screw right up against the control horn. Then screwed the horn down further and cut the bolt off at the tape line, and then brought the horn back up until it was flush with the bolt.

Bipeguy03

150cc
AEROSHELDON;13588 wrote: I have a couple carbon 27x12's for sale if you would like to try some speed.

I don't have any airplane money at the moment but I may try one when I do.

I am really liking the 10 it is moving pretty good and still pulls vertical like a stud, but I'm always up to try something new!