• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC PAU Extra Build 105" assembly

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Glad to see it is in the air and you are enjoying the plane. This is going to be good summer for you with this new plane.

Rusty 73

100cc
Just was out ironing out some buble that have come up after four flights . I had to put in 3,5 clicks of right trim for level flight .
i checked the ailerons and yes a bit of twist near the root curving up which would explain the trim .
Also weight the wings and added a half ounce to the right wing tip to get it equal weight of each wing .

Yesterday had two more trimming and tuning the mixture flights , opened up the HEN 1/8 of turn which increase top rpm to 7085 in flight .
Still a little to rich midrange so LEN in 1/16 of turn which helped decrease the surging in mid throttle.
Man was she hauling the mail on the last flight at 2/3 throttle just about unlimited vertical and she's handling like she was on rails .
Really starting to love this plane :attaboy::love:

Russell, for the wings, even if on a bench, the wings weigh differently, it may not be a problem,.

Meaning, the way to test this, and I am only saying this in case you were not aware, however, if you already know this, please forgive me in advance. But the way to test the dynamic wings level, or, lateral CG of the airplane , is to do the following.

Fly your airplane up real high, and then stall the airplane so it comes straight down, with throttle at idle, then, pull the elevator to come out level, with out using any roll input, meaning, take care to not use the ailerons at all when you pull the elevator.

I would repeat this test multiple times to get a good assessment.

what to look for?

when you pull, no matter what orientation the airplane is relative to you (showing canopy towards you, gear towards you, right tip, left tip, etc...)
when you pull, if airplanes lateral CG is dead center, when you pull, the airplane should come out to level with both wings level to the earth.

if one wings consistently drops, then that one side that drops is heavier.

ok, before you do this, be sure and test that both of your elevator halves are exactly matched, not only at neutral but also at mid and full deflection.

Hope this helps,

best regards

Cam

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Snoopy1 how was Joe Nall as good as ever and looked like more flyer this year !
JoeNall is something that every RC should attend once. It is so big and awesome that unless you go there you cannot explain it to somebody. It is very buzzy and people everywhere. We arrived late Thursday night and left late after the Friday night BBQ. For me it was a bit to long. I must say it is intimidating to fly there. This is my opinion but from Friday morning till about Wednesday afternoon the flying was great but from Thursday morning on till Friday nite I would not fly. It seems all the big boys show up Wednesday day. The planes and equipment that showed up there is just mind boggling. If you want to see the best, latest equipment it is there. I have been going for the last 5 years but now the big jet boys are showing up and mean big and the numbers are growing fast. 9 of them went in and to say that when they go in it something to behold. They explode and I mean really explode and they burn really well, there is not must left to fix or salvage.

Rusty 73

100cc
Russell, for the wings, even if on a bench, the wings weigh differently, it may not be a problem,.

Meaning, the way to test this, and I am only saying this in case you were not aware, however, if you already know this, please forgive me in advance. But the way to test the dynamic wings level, or, lateral CG of the airplane , is to do the following.

Fly your airplane up real high, and then stall the airplane so it comes straight down, with throttle at idle, then, pull the elevator to come out level, with out using any roll input, meaning, take care to not use the ailerons at all when you pull the elevator.

I would repeat this test multiple times to get a good assessment.

what to look for?

when you pull, no matter what orientation the airplane is relative to you (showing canopy towards you, gear towards you, right tip, left tip, etc...)
when you pull, if airplanes lateral CG is dead center, when you pull, the airplane should come out to level with both wings level to the earth.

if one wings consistently drops, then that one side that drops is heavier.

ok, before you do this, be sure and test that both of your elevator halves are exactly matched, not only at neutral but also at mid and full deflection.

Hope this helps,

best regards

Cam

Thanks Cam

I have checked the evelvator throws and they are the same amount of deflection on low and high rate which i doubt im going to 3D in the the near future.

I will check this procedure of pulling out from this will show like you said the CG lateral if its centred , i will have to adjust the stick tension a bit so the ailerons are more stiffer than the elevator is go get a true reading of this .

Again Cam thanks for the advise about how the iMac flyer like you get their plane fine tuned in .

I greatly appreciate this information , thanks again

Russell

Rusty 73

100cc
Snoopy1 Did you get to see Jase the Ace or Spencer Nordquist, Gabriel Altuz and the young kid Kal Reifsnyder fly their iMac planes .
These young men and teen can fly the wings off the planes and bring it back in one whole piece .
So you were there for one and bit days sounds like just at the peak of the flying for the week .
I watched a video of the introduction from Thursday morning with Matt Gun everyone around the main flight line welcoming all pilots to Joe Nall triple tree .
Amazing at how many people were there , very impressive and the high quality of Aircraft flown is mind blowing .
Did you pick up some products from all the vendors ? I would image you could get a good price on some of the products from the vendors there looked to be a lot there .
Some day i would Love to drive down with the RV trailer and truck so watch this event . Google maps said it would be a 38 -39 hour drive from here !
Glad you enjoyed Joe Nall .

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Snoopy1 Did you get to see Jase the Ace or Spencer Nordquist, Gabriel Altuz and the young kid Kal Reifsnyder fly their iMac planes .
These young men and teen can fly the wings off the planes and bring it back in one whole piece .
So you were there for one and bit days sounds like just at the peak of the flying for the week .
I watched a video of the introduction from Thursday morning with Matt Gun everyone around the main flight line welcoming all pilots to Joe Nall triple tree .
Amazing at how many people were there , very impressive and the high quality of Aircraft flown is mind blowing .
Did you pick up some products from all the vendors ? I would image you could get a good price on some of the products from the vendors there looked to be a lot there .
Some day i would Love to drive down with the RV trailer and truck so watch this event . Google maps said it would be a 38 -39 hour drive from here !
Glad you enjoyed Joe Nall .

We were there form Thursday night, Friday,Saturday, Sunday and till Friday night 9 days. To long a drive for 1 1/2 days. It took us 16 hours.
Yes saw all of them fly and they can fly watching them on a video does not do them justice. It so much more impressive when it is live. The best of them at the moment is Jase he is just mind boggling, you can not believe he can move is fingers that fast. All I can say it is humbling to stand there and watch these people fly. There was a very young girl that flew during the week do not know who she was but could give Jase a good run for his money. Yes bought a bunch of stuff the deals were not that great just the selection was good and you saved the shipping and taxes.

Last edited:

Rusty 73

100cc
We were there form Thursday night, Friday,Saturday, Sunday and till Friday night 9 days. To long a drive for 1 1/2 days. It took us 16 hours.
Yes saw all of them fly and they can fly watching them on a video does not do them justice. It so much more impressive when it is live. The best of them at the moment is Jase he is just mind boggling, you can not believe he can move is fingers that fast. All I can say it is humbling to stand there and watch these people fly. There was a very young girl that flew during the week do not know who she was but could give Jase a good run for his money. Yes bought a bunch of stuff the deals were not that great just the selection was good and you saved the shipping and taxes.

Wow nine days that's alot of time but you probable got a great camping spot near the flight line.
I planned on attenting the TOC in Tuson back in Oct of 2015 but didn't , could have seem Jase, Spencer, Gabriel and yes the young girl i believe she flew at XFC at Cloverdale last summer . It most take alot of talent and practise to do those rolls and manuever the plane left right up and down and flying it like an arrow.
I would have though the vendors would have a Joe Nall pricing for the event , at least you saved the shipping which is stupidly high right now .