• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

Tseres

150cc
I jumped the gun a little. I had to get ready for tomorrows Club Meeting and Indoor Fly. While I was charging batteries I laid out the center line of the Tube on the bottom of the wing. PAU planes are easy to do it with since all the planes I've had the wing mating surface is parallel with the C/L of the plane.

First I blocked up the wing so the trailing edge and the leading edge were parallel with the bench top.Then I used a square to mark each side of the tube. Then you measure and split the difference between the lines to get the center of the tube. Put down some masking tape and draw a line with a Square to transfer the line out so I could use the balancer I have.

Found the location of the batteries. All thats left is to secure them inside the fuse. I'll get to that sometime this weekend.

Remember you don't have to be to fussy with static balancing the plane. You have to fly the plane to determine the balance point.
Hint for the new guys looking in. You balance the plane by first trimming it for level flight. Next you fly an inverted 45 degree upline. The plane should pull slightly to the canopy. If it pulls to the belly then you're tail Heavy.

I love these wing bags PAU gives with the Sukhoi. Real easy to use with the velcro closure and they fit the wings perfect.

DSC_0043.JPG DSC_0044.JPG DSC_0045.JPG DSC_0046.JPG DSC_0047.JPG DSC_0048.JPG DSC_0049.JPG

Tseres

150cc
I mounted the batteries the easiest way I could. May have to move them but they are mounted solid for the initial flights .

Decided to make a Cockpit. I looked up Aircraft International for a foam pilot and found out they are moving to Florida. They are temporarily closed until March-1. I have to wait to order the pilot till then. I did start cutting out the floor from Depron. had to make it out of 2 pieces cause I couldn't bend it enough to get it through the opening in the back Started doing this a couple of years ago. It is light and I like the white foam keeping the sunshine off the electronics. I glue it in with foam safe CA. Have not glued it in yet. I will build a dash from Depron to keep it light. Should have it finished tomorrow.

DSC_0050.JPG DSC_0051.JPG DSC_0052.JPG DSC_0053.JPG DSC_0054.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Finished up the dash and the floor in the Cockpit. Had to make 2 short battery extensions. and filled up the gas tank and primed the engine to wet the diaphragm in the carb. It's 52 F outside right now. I may start this bad boy up later after the people go home from Church down the street.

DSC_0055.JPGDSC_0056.JPGDSC_0057.JPGDSC_0058.JPGDSC_0059.JPGDSC_0060.JPGDSC_0061.JPG

Tseres

150cc
This is the second start up cause I forgot to turn the camera on on the first try. I only had to flip it about ten times the first time for it to fire. The high end was Lean and wouldn't take open throttle. That was what I was adjusting in the vid. Right now the high and the low is still a little lean but I will adjust that out the next time I run it. Since it's still the middle of winter here, i don't know when that'll be. The rain clouds were moving in So I put the plane back in the shop. However it still has not started raining yet.

This thing Idles great. Seems to have a lot of power with the Falcon 24-9. We'll see how it flies when the weather breaks.