• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New to us airframe....

Bipenut53

150cc
Thank you [MENTION=4379]cam4569[/MENTION] and thanks for the trade!! Hope you also enjoy the Sportster Biplane as well!!

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Ok so back on topic... I know you have been putting some work into that plane.. Lets see some progress photos

Hey guys! Just wanted to check in and see how things are going? Chris did you trade the Slick for something else? To Bipenut? Whatever the case , I sure hope one of you post some pics of her all built back up and ready to fly.

Bipe....what is your motor choice? Electronics and so forth?

Speaking of Bipes....did Chris happen to mention the one I have sitting in my attic collecting dust? Damn "panic bought " airplanes! Just HAD TO have it! Plan on getting that one up and running one day , and never had the heart to sell it.

Hope you guys are well.

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Yea [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION]... Updates? Lol [MENTION=4459]Jeffro503[/MENTION] i have been harassing him to update his build quite a bit lately.. Without giving anything away he has all the parts on the bench and last i saw had the motor mount mocked up..

Bipenut53

150cc
[MENTION=4459]Jeffro503[/MENTION] yes I have everything for it and have been working on it slowly. I went with Savox servos on the control surfaces except for the rudder where I have a JR 8711. All the servos are mounted and control surfaces attached. I did spend some time on the throttle servo, JR, and choke servo, again JR mounting setup but they turned out good. I went with an EME 55V2 for the engine, I like that engine partially because of the short stand offs that keep the engine from flexing as much as the long stand offs. The cowl is going to fit nicely as the holes you had cut for your engine were almost exactly what I needed for the EME, very minor cutting needed. I went with a Spektrum 12 channel powersafe receiver and running two 2 cell 6.6 volt batteries and I still need to clean up the wiring, mount the 4 satellite receivers, put in the aero plus fuel tank and fuel lines... That airplane is going to be in my next review... I have a question, I see you have some ink lines drawn on the fuse under the canopy area around where the fuel thank is mounted... What were those lines for?....