• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New to 3DHS.....

Walked into my LHS last Friday and could not resist buying a consignment 46" Yak 55. All it lacks is the motor, receiver and esc. I have all but the motor, Omega 130g870kv, which I ordered yesterday from 3DHS. I've read a lot since then regarding this plane and apparently it is a good one from the comments I have seen. I am an advanced pilot but this will be my first foray into 3D flying. Looking forward to working with an instructor to learn the basics and eventually the more advance acrobatics.

My question regards props needed for best performance with 3S and 4S batteries. I didn't realize this plane would perform well on 3S and had planned to utilize 4S only.

What are the recommended props to use for 3S and 4S power?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Personally, I like the 3s setup on this plane, and a 13x6.5 prop. While the omega 130g motor can handle a 14x7 on 3s, or a 12x6 on 4s, the 13x6.5 seems perfect on this plane.

Either the APC Electric or Xoar PJN electric prop works great.

I've read a lot already on prop selection for 3S and 4S and, at times, all this can be confusing. Thanks for the clarity on which props work best. My motor should be here this week and it looks to be a good week in my part of Kansas to fly.

Xoar wood tends to let you run a slightly bigger size as it is not as heavy of a load on the motor. I would say Xoar 14x7 or APC 13x6.5. I run a APC 12x6 on 4s on my omega 130/48" velox.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Walked into my LHS last Friday and could not resist buying a consignment 46" Yak 55. All it lacks is the motor, receiver and esc. I have all but the motor, Omega 130g870kv, which I ordered yesterday from 3DHS. I've read a lot since then regarding this plane and apparently it is a good one from the comments I have seen. I am an advanced pilot but this will be my first foray into 3D flying. Looking forward to working with an instructor to learn the basics and eventually the more advance acrobatics.

My question regards props needed for best performance with 3S and 4S batteries. I didn't realize this plane would perform well on 3S and had planned to utilize 4S only.

What are the recommended props to use for 3S and 4S power?

The 46 Yak is an extremely light plane it flies best with 3S 2200's and a 13x6.5 prop. I've sometimes fly on 2800's if its windy but can definitely feel the difference in weight. The Yak is one of my favorite little planes, as usual Andrew Jesky did a great job.

I'm really anxious to fly it. Got a shipping notice from 3DHS today that my Omega130g/870kv has shipped. Should get it Thursday or Friday.