Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Spektrum Powersafe Receivers

Discussion in 'RC Radio Systems' started by ghoffman, Dec 16, 2016.

1. ghoffman

ghoffman 70cc twin V2

Attached Files:

2. `
    Yup, the smartfly unit is pretty nice and gives Futaba uses most of the benefits of a power safe. Sill, the new Spektrum powersafe receivers are really nice with the addition of full receiver battery telemetry. Also the in-receiver mapping will provide users a more flexible equivalent of a smartfly or power box unit that will allow them to control a giant scale airplanes with 6 ailerons, 4 elevators and 3 rudders plus throttle, ignition and smoke using only 8 channels of a DX9 for example. All for less money than a powerbox or smartfly unit plus a standard receiver.

3. ghoffman

ghoffman 70cc twin V2

I had about 4 technical reasons why I avoid Futaba radios, and now after trying to get service on a Futaba BLS-157 servo, I will avoid everything Futaba.

4. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Yes. I too have dumped a life long favorite and am really enjoying the midpoint DX8 G2. The BLS H50B servos work awesome with Spektrum! I also like how you can "dial in" each individual servo on their "servo set up" menu and have true 120 travel (60L + 60R) rotation even if you have very large amounts of sub trim.

pawnshopmike and Alky6 like this.