• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Savox SA-1258TG Servos

gyro

GSN Contributor
This is just an initial mini-review on the new Savox SA-1258TG Servos. We will be installing 4 of these servos on all the control surfaces of our 72" Extra build over the next few weeks and completing a full review on them then.

In the mean time, we figured we'd let you know that Savox has stepped up and made a servo specifically for us airplane flyers! The new "SA" line! :banana:

Perfect for a 1/4" Scale 3D airplane, here are the specs:

----
The SA1258TG combines leading edge technology with super high 12-bit (4096) resolution and titanium and aluminum gears for one amazing servo! With titanium and aluminum gears, this servo is truly magical. Pushing 167 ounces of torque and a blistering .08 transit time, this servo is redefining what an all-around servo should be capable of. This is a great upgrade to most comparably priced servos. The minimized backlash on the SA1258TG is helpful in plane wings for greater accuracy and less gear play.

Features:

• Combines leading edge technology with super high 12 bit (4096) resolution and titanium gears.
  • Super light-weight.
  • Coreless motor provides high speed, incredible efficiency, and low power consumption.
  • Extremely strong titanium gears ensure long-life and durability.
  • The aluminum case design not only looks good but also allows for cooler and smoother operating temps.
  • Our servos are totally green – from materials to production, these servos are environmentally friendly.
  • Ideal for plane applications where a minimized backlash is needed.
Dimensions(mm): 40.3x20.2x37.2
Weight(g): 52.4
Speed(@4.8V sec/60): .10
Torque(@4.8V oz-in): 133.3
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .08
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 166.6
Gear: Titanium & Aluminum
Bearing: 2BB
Case: Aluminum
25 Tooth Spline
------

One of the things we noticed quickly about this new servo, are the goodies that come with it. In addition to the reduced backlash, the servos come with some very usable heavy duty servo arms. These are very strong, and the perfect size for 3D, saving you some money over purchasing them separately.
We'll be using these included arms during our 72" Extra build. (we also pictured for comparison what comes with the SC line that you might be more familiar with)
DSCF9154.jpgDSCF9156.jpgDSCF9160.jpgDSCF9162.jpg

quadracer

100cc
Yay! They come with useful servo arms now? :D

I wonder if they'll do a "buyback" for those of us who bought SC1258TG's recently? J/K, My SC's are still cranking like champs, maybe I'll get a chance to try these new ones out soon.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Gary, do you know what the price point is going to be on these servos? They could be a great choice when I put together my new 71" Slick.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary, do you know what the price point is going to be on these servos? They could be a great choice when I put together my new 71" Slick.

Rex,

They are currently priced $1 more than the SC-1258TG on Savox USA's website. :D

AKfreak

150cc
If a person wanted to use Billit servo arms, what tooth fits these. I tried to fit a Futaba Hangar 9 billet arm on one of my Savox SC-1258TG's and lets just say it didn't fit.

gyro

GSN Contributor
If a person wanted to use Billit servo arms, what tooth fits these. I tried to fit a Futaba Hangar 9 billet arm on one of my Savox SC-1258TG's and lets just say it didn't fit.

They ARE 25 tooth futaba.. Maybe your arm wasn't opened enough to fit on?