• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

kamesh krishnan

New to GSN!
Hello,
I am a beginner, I have been into development of tactical UAV's For the SUAS competetion which is held at Maryland,USA. We won the SUAS 2015 Trophy amongst 55 Universities from around the world. Now I'm learning how to fly small planes, gliders. I am from Bangalore,India. I found this website to be interesting. looking forward for some advice in order to improve my skills on RC planes.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Welcome Kamesh

Congratulation on your SUAS win. I think you will find the airplanes every bit as fun as the UAVs if not more fun. I have to admit that I hardly ever fly my UAV any more and have thought about selling it. You will find the people on this forum to be some of the nicest and most friendly of any forum on the internet.

Bill

Hello Kamesh! Awesome to have you here. If you have any questions on what planes to buy, or anything like that, you have come to the right place!

kamesh krishnan

New to GSN!
Okay, Here is my first Question.
My Taranis X9D antenna got loosened from its position. still, it use to work well. But all of a sudden during a flight it said "Telemetry lost" and we ended up crashing the bird. i suspect the reason being the broken antenna.
So, could you let me know if the broken antenna is a problem? If so, what are the methods to replace the antenna and which antenna?

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
If the antenna is truly broken, meaning it does not make an appropriate connection to the tranciever, the yes, your range would be shortened drastically. The broken antenna should be repaired before the transmitter is used again.