• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Just welcoming some new members today! Thanks for joining guy and we would love to hear where you're from, where you fly and what you fly! Pictures are always welcome!!!!
[MENTION=3884]3DMON[/MENTION] [MENTION=3878]757sean[/MENTION] [MENTION=3890]AJ Aircraft[/MENTION] [MENTION=3883]Bomkey_noy23[/MENTION] [MENTION=3868]buildcrashrepair[/MENTION] [MENTION=3885]chris norris[/MENTION] [MENTION=3869]chrisedwards7201[/MENTION] [MENTION=3894]Circuitboard35[/MENTION] [MENTION=3886]dancingr[/MENTION] [MENTION=3877]davidmedjesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=3876]DemetriSLK[/MENTION] [MENTION=3895]djideal[/MENTION] [MENTION=3892]ElaineChuter[/MENTION] [MENTION=3898]FinleyGall[/MENTION] [MENTION=3874]Gunner0331[/MENTION] [MENTION=3891]HiramKelsall[/MENTION] [MENTION=3871]hunter77[/MENTION] [MENTION=3873]IsisSugden[/MENTION] [MENTION=3889]Jonathan Ott[/MENTION] [MENTION=3897]Kanizarr[/MENTION] [MENTION=3881]KimWallace[/MENTION] [MENTION=3879]laddbob[/MENTION] [MENTION=3870]lluisbull[/MENTION] [MENTION=3893]Nitrowolf[/MENTION] [MENTION=3875]oldrcwings[/MENTION] [MENTION=3882]peafittyone[/MENTION] [MENTION=3887]piro-flop[/MENTION] [MENTION=3880]sopo[/MENTION] [MENTION=3896]Tritone[/MENTION] [MENTION=3872]usef[/MENTION] [MENTION=3888]viren singh[/MENTION]

peafittyone

New to GSN!
Thanks, 3DMike. 'Appreciate the welcome note. I'm from Marion, Iowa. Actually got to fly today despite the thermometer hitting -20 F last night. It
was 10 degrees and sunny this afternoon with 5 mph winds so I took the afternoon off and threw some balsa in the air. I started with skis on a trainer and did 50 touch-and-goes in the snow. Really fun. Then I flew my scratch-built KX2 (more appropriate for this forum; picture below). It was the fourth flight and since I'm a 3D Newbie I'm working on CG issues. 'Still have a way to go to get it flying right. I hope to soon get a serious 3D machine. Probably PA, EF or 3DHS. TBD...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 223

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
You're welcome! That's one really nice scratch build! Do you use a hand warmer for those temps!?!?! Holy cow! I can't fly when it's in the low 40's cause my hands just won't work!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Cool [MENTION=3882]peafittyone[/MENTION]. That plane looks pretty capable. Love the huge control surfaces

peafittyone

New to GSN!
Thanks, gents. It's fun to fly. Question: what adjustments should I make when on knife edge it pulls pretty hard to the landing gear and when inverted it climbs significantly? Mix in elevator with rudder for the former and move the CG forward for the latter?

dancingr

New to GSN!
Thanks, for the welcome 3DMike!! I'm from Fresno Ca. I started flying control line when I was 6. Started flying RC in 1969 flew pattern for more years than I want to count. Wanted to try something else so I started flying Helicopters about 4 years ago. Have a Trex 450L and a 600. Started flying some 3D with a Visonaire last year and loved it. I was looking around the web at some of the 3D websites when I landed on Twisted Hobbies web site. I saw the video of Rolling Circle flying his Click NG. Beautiful flying I bought a Crack Laser. Looking forward to starting the build next week
Thanks!!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks, for the welcome 3DMike!! I'm from Fresno Ca. I started flying control line when I was 6. Started flying RC in 1969 flew pattern for more years than I want to count. Wanted to try something else so I started flying Helicopters about 4 years ago. Have a Trex 450L and a 600. Started flying some 3D with a Visonaire last year and loved it. I was looking around the web at some of the 3D websites when I landed on Twisted Hobbies web site. I saw the video of Rolling Circle flying his Click NG. Beautiful flying I bought a Crack Laser. Looking forward to starting the build next week
Thanks!!

I just got a TH Crack Pitts as well! Should be here next week. You will love the Twisted Hobbies planes!