• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Jason

New to GSN!
Hi all I'm Jason and if I can ever get a new motor box for 89" slick I'll be flying that but right now I'm flying carden from hanger it's a great plane but not my slick.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
New 71" 3DHS Slick w/DLE35 coming and can't wait! Will be the first gasser so...

Great combo! I had a DLE 35 in the 70" slick a few seasons ago. It had been repaired many times and finally became a gas powered lawn dart when I snapped the wings off! It happened on the 4th of July when I was the only idiot out there flying in the heat of the day lol.

You are going to love that plane.

It sounds like you might be getting it used? If so, do you have any idea whether the DLE ring has been upgraded to a bowman? I just switched mine out and found an instant improvement... even though the motor ran very well with the stock ring. It made more power on the first run with the bowman ring than it ever did (after at least 6 gallons of fuel) with the stock ring.

Best of luck with it!

-Nate

sethmattox

New to GSN!
Nate, everything is brand new from Valley View RC. I have an electric 51" slick and yes it is a great flying beast. Lot of people fly gas so I want to give it a try. Sucks to hear about your crash, never a good thing. The engine is stock but I will keep in mind the ring idea. Thanks

Hi. Live and fly in Sweden. Started with helicopters one year ago to entertain my self when stuck home with small kids. Bought my first plane in summer and now building a Crack Yak Big.

njswede

150cc
Hi. Live and fly in Sweden. Started with helicopters one year ago to entertain my self when stuck home with small kids. Bought my first plane in summer and now building a Crack Yak Big.

Vad trevligt med en svensk här på forumet. Crack Yak är grymt bra. Lycka till!