• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dbandit

100cc
I am new here!

This is my FIRST post. Still looking around the site and learning where everything is. :)

Bill Hempel

Welcome to the site.

Glad to see you finally made it over here.

I hope you can enjoy the site as much as I have.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I am new here!

This is my FIRST post. Still looking around the site and learning where everything is. :)

Bill Hempel

Bill Hempel in the house!!! Bill, we are very excited to have you here with us. Your contributions to our sport have been amazing. So I tip my hat to you and say welcome!

SnowDog

I am new here!

Bill Hempel

Bill,
You may be new here, but you are a legend in the community!
Really glad to have you here and looking forward to your ongoing contributions to the community.
WELCOME!
-Mike S

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I am new here!

Bill Hempel

Welcome Bill. Enjoy the community. Thanks for all you do for RC.
Not to put you on the spot but there is a thread for reaction to the FAA interpretation of the new model aircraft rule. Your insight may be helpful.
Thanks.

Yoda

30cc
Hi I'm Yoda aka Mike.
I'm just getting back into this awesome sport after a 'few' years absence! I am from across the Pond in the UK. My, how things have changed. I am a nitro / balsa guy and really resisting this new-fangled 'leccy' stuff but feel that with the aircraft I want next I'll have to go down that route. I am torn between the Precision Aerobatics Katana (looks more traditional) and the Addiction X (seems pretty able to do most stuff but not sure it isn't just a cool funfly!). I need something reasonable to learn on that will 'do' what I ask but not be too expensive whilst learning. It will probably be a 'next year' purchase when I have become better at the basic stuff.
Before I get into 3D I will have to hone my basic flying skills.... you know the straight and level things. I must be patient.... and practice, practice, practice.
It's great to find this site; so much info. I shall enjoy reading all the info here.
Thanks.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hi [MENTION=3252]Yoda[/MENTION]. Welcome to the site. I got a chance to fly the addictionx earlier this week. I didnt love it overall although I have to say it was probably one of the easiest planes to land I have ever flown. It really resisted being in a harrier attitude though which is the at the basic fundamental level of 3d flying. I personally dont like how light it feels either. I like a light plane but you can have too much of a good thing.

Just thought I would give my opinion on that one. I have not flown the katana but hear it is better at 3d.