• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks guys for the wellcome!!
Well I'm from Italy, i have some electric profile planes like Mojo MoAss 60 and Fusion 90 X3D with which i have a lot of fun!!
I have less experience with gasser i had a Godwing MX2 50cc v2 but i never liked it because it was a "faulty" airframe and in few words after many flights of tests it never flew well.

So now i'm in the market for a new 50cc where i can use my DLE-55 and i find this forum with lots of information. So if you can help me on the choice... ;)

I was oriented to EF Edge 88" but it is quite difficult to find it in stock in Europe.

Anyway thanks
Adriano

ANY EF you can get your hands on would be awesome. I personally owned the 88" EF Extra 300 with a DA50. Absolutely loved the plane! A friend of mine has the edge and it is amazing!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you for welcoming greeting !
I'm a complete newbie in 3d flights and my experience with rc flight is RealFlight 6.5. But I already chose my first rc airplane: 3DHS 42" AJ Slick.
As out of stock item online, my second choice is EF 48" Edge 540 EXP. I have no intention to compete with Daniel P. Holman; I wanna just have fun and enjoy the flight. My personal dream shopping: PA Katana MX!
For now, just electric flight !
And this site rocks !

Greetings!

It's great to have ya here! Looks like some great choices which can make for a real tough decision! It can be real frustrating.

Another euro choice might be the new Hangar 9 Inverza. Saw it fly at Nall, but it was always in that duo routine which did not highlight it's ability in extreme maneuvers. Probably best to pick a plane you can get support for. This is why I steer away from Sebart other than it's price premium here in the states.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Got a few more welcomes to make this morning! Welcome [MENTION=3178]rafael52[/MENTION] [MENTION=3179]SteveW[/MENTION] [MENTION=3180]FULLTILT[/MENTION] [MENTION=3182]mathursharad[/MENTION] [MENTION=3183]mujenpwr[/MENTION] [MENTION=3184]adamsdb[/MENTION] [MENTION=3185]Gregx55[/MENTION] [MENTION=3187]amdninjaboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=3188]nk1851[/MENTION] [MENTION=3189]Ed Kranz[/MENTION]! Welcome guys. Tell us where and what you fly!

adamsdb

New to GSN!
I live in New Braunfels, TX...about halfway between San Antonio and Austin. I am fairly new to RC, finally stepping up to a used Blade CP helicopter. Now I am interested in diving into the RC airplane world.

Looking right now for a reasonably priced Spektrum controller and a model plane that I can learn on, but that can also grow with me as I improve my skills...

I am going to try really hard not to let this hobby bankrupt me. :)

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I live in New Braunfels, TX...about halfway between San Antonio and Austin. I am fairly new to RC, finally stepping up to a used Blade CP helicopter. Now I am interested in diving into the RC airplane world.

Looking right now for a reasonably priced Spektrum controller and a model plane that I can learn on, but that can also grow with me as I improve my skills...

I am going to try really hard not to let this hobby bankrupt me. :)

Welcome! Good luck with your last comment!
Many out there for airframes to grow with. Depending on size and your budget. I'm a huge fan of the EF 60" size frames for transportability, quality and performance. There are many others as well. For a yard plane that is durable and will teach you much you can't go wrong with the Twisted Hobbys EPP 32" models. If you don't have one a sim is a great investment. Let us know how you make out.

Last edited by a moderator:

FULLTILT

30cc
Hello everybody,
I am out of Conroe Texas and fly at Tri County Barnstormers in New Waverly Texas, where i am currently the VP. I enjoy flying a little of everything but I concentrate more on the bigger gasses, 40% ers mostly and attempt to fly 3D to what low caliber of skills I possess. But thoroughly enjoy flying and travel around quite a bit or as much as possible, flying at Big Bird events. Love the fellowship as well as the flying.
Nice site and appreciate the welcome.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
We have a few new guys I want to introduce! Welcome @RenoReno and [MENTION=3193]Handsome Rob[/MENTION]! Tell us where you fly and what you fly!

Pics are always welcome! :-D