• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

I have a pilot sbach 25% and so far I am not impressed at all. Doesn't do anything well except look good.

Extra are the more precise design and make the best IMAC platform, but some like the EF 300 EXP and the 3DHS 330SC are excellent 3D platforms.

Yaks are best at rolling maneuvers and the 55 excels at tumbles with the lack of aft surface area on the fuse.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
YES I am new here!
My name is Manfred and I like to say Hello to all of you!
After a pause of two years I am back to the scene. Currently I warm up my fingers with a small nitro aerobatic plane. But I wanna step in to the 30cc class.
May be you guys have some suggestions with what I shall go. Can somebody explain the difference in behavior between a Sbach , Extra and Yak55M please?

Great to have you here! Nice avatar by the way!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
It's that time again to introduce some new members to the forum! Welcome [MENTION=3136]aasthassingh[/MENTION] [MENTION=3137]Stu48[/MENTION] [MENTION=3138]Ant[/MENTION] [MENTION=3139]smarblewnec[/MENTION] [MENTION=3141]addicted2rc[/MENTION] [MENTION=3142]rg916170[/MENTION] [MENTION=3143]cherrybomb48[/MENTION] [MENTION=3144]PharmBoy[/MENTION] [MENTION=3145]MarkF[/MENTION] [MENTION=3147]Countrychap[/MENTION] [MENTION=3148]Flymedic[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3149]RazorEdge[/MENTION]! Tell us what and where you fly. Extra points for pics!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Thursday! One more day and it's TGIF. Peace!

Hi everyone!
I fly mostly 3D, all electric. I fly at some clubs here in Upstate NY. Watervliet Wind Warriors, Electric Powered Aeromodelers, Thundervolts
-RG

Team RedWing

I fly pretty much across the state of Louisiana and these are a couple of my planes!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

PharmBoy

New to GSN!
Hey there,

I fly electric warbirds (mostly Parkzone--my favorite is my P-47 with flaps/retracts ;)), but have recently delved into the fuel world by acquiring a CG Tiger 2. I also have a TF P-40E kit that I'm working on but it's far from complete. I fly in the TX Panhandle at the Amarillo Radio Kontrol Society (ARKS). I'm an experienced noob - intermediate flyer and aspiring builder.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi everyone!
I fly mostly 3D, all electric. I fly at some clubs here in Upstate NY. Watervliet Wind Warriors, Electric Powered Aeromodelers, Thundervolts
-RG

Team RedWing

Sweet, nice to have you here RG!!

I fly pretty much across the state of Louisiana and these are a couple of my planes!

View attachment 23102
View attachment 23103
View attachment 23104

Awesome planes cherrybomb48!! Love the extra300! Nice

Hey there,

I fly electric warbirds (mostly Parkzone--my favorite is my P-47 with flaps/retracts ;)), but have recently delved into the fuel world by acquiring a CG Tiger 2. I also have a TF P-40E kit that I'm working on but it's far from complete. I fly in the TX Panhandle at the Amarillo Radio Kontrol Society (ARKS). I'm an experienced noob - intermediate flyer and aspiring builder.

So you are in the right place man. We need to help ya get a 3d plane man! Once you go 3d you'll never go back. :) I started with all nitro warbirds as well but ended up getting a Yak-54 which led to me selling all the nitro warbirds quickly after that. Welcome!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey there,

So you are in the right place man. We need to help ya get a 3d plane man! Once you go 3d you'll never go back. :) I started with all nitro warbirds as well but ended up getting a Yak-54 which led to me selling all the nitro warbirds quickly after that. Welcome!

Yes he is... Geographically too! We have RedwingRC driving down to Austin in 3 weeks to demo their 3D planes at the Austin 3DBash!

Stu48

New to GSN!
Thanks for the welcome. I'm getting back into RC after 20+ years. I really like the 3D planes. They look good and in Real Flight they fly well. I'm kind of a control freak and really appreciate a design that does what I direct. If I screw up, well... that happens.

I picked up a YS DZ160 from an F3A pattern flyer. It was well maintained and I just got everything together to fire it up. Using 20/20 Cool Power and the 18.1 x 10 APC pattern prop that came with the engine, I turned 7500 RPM peak before backing off the HSN 2-3 clicks. I did find this out; a 16 Oz tank won't be big enough. That thing sucks fuel.

I don't need to fly really FAST and I have no goals towards being a hardened 3D pilot. Power is what I'm looking for. It helps to get you out of trouble and being able to go vertical a long ways up is a kick to me. I will buy an ARF in the 10 lb range to start. After I thoroughly document the construction, I'll start my own designs and builds. To me that's the real fun.

MarkF

New to GSN!
Hi my name is Mark Ferreira. I have been flying for 16 years now. I like to fly 3D, jets and pilon racers. Here is a pic of my redwing 25% MXSR. Powered by a Neu motor and 10s dinogy lipos.
Plenty of power on this one.:flyer:

Mark

Dinogy plane.jpg