• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

akasper

New to GSN!
Hello Good morning. Staying warm here in Plano Texas, its 24 degrees... Too cold for me to fly today. My Extreme flight edge 540 T is waiting for warmer sky's... Andy

SnowDog

wow - great to see all you new guys! please feel welcome and join in - be sure to send us pics and vids of your activity for us unlucky folks in the northern half of the country who are snowbound right now! :)

3dcarter

50cc
[MENTION=2862]apjohnson[/MENTION], we do not recommend purchasing anything from HobbyKing.

For multimotor parts, our recommended vendors are:
[MENTION=90]TMO[/MENTION] from www.QuantumHobby.com

[MENTION=52]AltitudeHobbies[/MENTION] from www.Altitudehobbies.com

[MENTION=2589]GaryBuddyRc[/MENTION] from www.buddyrc.com

Also, check out our multirotor threads as dth7 suggested. We're really hoping to grow that section in the future.

There are certain things you can get away with buying from HobbyKing:
1. Batteries- I, along with many people have had great luck with their batteries
2. Servo arms- their high strength, alloy servo arms for giant scale airplanes work ridiculously well. No need to spend ridiculous prices for SWB arms
3. Other miscellaneous tools

Things you shouldn't buy:
1. Planes
2. Engines
3. Radio gear
4. Servos

Things like electric motors and and electronic speed controls and SUPER hit and miss with HK. The vital components, besides batteries, and rather sketchy and not approved by the AMA. Be careful what you buy from there

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I completely disagree about their batteries. There's a reason many call them "turdidgy" and "nanopuffs" but we can debate that in here: http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?20-Electrical-Power-Systems

I am happy you've had good luck with them so far, and hope you continue to have success.

Pretty good restraint Gary. The link didn't work on tapatalk?

A few things at work here guys- "caveat emptor"- buyer beware and support American suppliers and site sponsors. All valid arguments albeit touchy at times.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcoming two new members [MENTION=2900]ajsaeg360[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2901]Keith_3150[/MENTION]. Welcome to the forum guys!

Would like to welcome all the new members in the last few weeks , if you have any questions or need help with anything don't hesitate to message me