• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

apjohnson

New to GSN!
The frame is now completely printed, I just need to source the real parts for it (motors, etc.) I keep looking the stuff up that I want on HobbyKing, but the stuff I want seems to be always backordered. Is there another good place to source components from?

Wow a quad made from a 3d printer! Love it. You will have to take lots of pics of that build! There are a lot of guys that can help you with the components you will need but weight and dimensions will be necessary for anyone to give you some good input. Start a new thread for this fun project! Here is our multi-rotor section on the site! http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?120-Multirotor Can't wait to see how it turns out!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The frame is now completely printed, I just need to source the real parts for it (motors, etc.) I keep looking the stuff up that I want on HobbyKing, but the stuff I want seems to be always backordered. Is there another good place to source components from?
[MENTION=2862]apjohnson[/MENTION] try over in the quad thread. You'll find that the staff here keeps information pretty well organized so threads stay on topic. I realize you are new, hence the suggestion. I am definitely not the guy for quads but you may find more answers at Forums/ Helicopters/ Multi rotors. There were actually more threads there than I thought. There's even one on parts available in the US. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
[MENTION=2862]apjohnson[/MENTION], we do not recommend purchasing anything from HobbyKing.

For multimotor parts, our recommended vendors are:
[MENTION=90]TMO[/MENTION] from www.QuantumHobby.com

[MENTION=52]AltitudeHobbies[/MENTION] from www.Altitudehobbies.com

[MENTION=2589]GaryBuddyRc[/MENTION] from www.buddyrc.com

Also, check out our multirotor threads as dth7 suggested. We're really hoping to grow that section in the future.

What's up everybody? Joined yesterday, I'm Brandon from Lebanon, OH and belong to Miami Valley Radio Control Club (MVRCC) where I currently run the FB page for them. I have been flying since 2002, my dad got me into the hobby and I started with an old Cub that was my dad's powered by an OS 10 that had a max altitude of about 15 feet. From there I worked my way up through the plane ranks to 50cc aerobatic models, from there went to a 35% Carden Extra 330S and then sold that for a H9 3.1m Sukhoi. I have competed in IMAC since 2006. Got out of the hobby for about a year in 2012-2013 pursuing a different hobby, but in the end, enjoyed RC too much and got back in fall of 2013.

My current fleet/equip:
Spektrum DX9 Tx
Proto X quad
UMX SBach 342
UMX Mig 15 DF
UMX P40 Warhawk
UMX AS3Xtra
Fancy Foam Yak 55
Parkzone T28 Navy version
Hangar 9 Carden Edition 89" Extra 300 Mid Wing

Last edited by a moderator:

apjohnson

New to GSN!
Thanks for the advice and alternatives. I'll start searching elsewhere!

[MENTION=2862]apjohnson[/MENTION], we do not recommend purchasing anything from HobbyKing.

For multimotor parts, our recommended vendors are:
[MENTION=90]TMO[/MENTION] from www.QuantumHobby.com

[MENTION=52]AltitudeHobbies[/MENTION] from www.Altitudehobbies.com

[MENTION=2589]GaryBuddyRc[/MENTION] from www.buddyrc.com

Also, check out our multirotor threads as dth7 suggested. We're really hoping to grow that section in the future.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Saweet I get to welcome 8 new members… Been super busy and have slacked for a day or so… So here is my long awaited over due WELCOME!

:grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat:

WELCOME @Bito - @brandonduley - @Aerobatic Addict - @onmyharley - @scoodr - @jagerbomb - @Ronaldo AND @MBanks !!!!!

If you guys would, tell us where you are from and what you like to fly (airframe etc..)! Extra points go the first one. HA HA HA

:peace:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcoming one more this morning... Howdy [MENTION=2899]akasper[/MENTION]! Where you from and what do you fly?