• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Happy Friday from another newb, just checking out the site. Have not been here in a while, looks like things are growing over here!

dsrcpilot

New to GSN!
Hi, I'm 12 and I fly a hk f3p Saturn, and a few other ultra micros. I live in Duluth MN and have competed twice. I'm improving every day and can't wait to see what others are learning! If I have any complete 3d planes and want to sell them, I'll take them! Thanks!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hi, I'm 12 and I fly a hk f3p Saturn, and a few other ultra micros. I live in Duluth MN and have competed twice. I'm improving every day and can't wait to see what others are learning! If I have any complete 3d planes and want to sell them, I'll take them! Thanks!

Welcome Duluth! You are definitely entering into indoor flying season.
Check out the "Marketplace" link from the home page for items for sale.
Just checked out some f3p competitions on YouTube! I wasn't familiar. Looks like indoor freestyle. Mainly lite weight EPP and depron. Maybe you could do a little thread with explanation and links seeing how indoor season is upon many of us. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I'll introduce myself. :)

My name is Chris Boultinghouse, I live in Austin, TX and I'm hopelessly addicted to all things aviation related. I host the RC Today Show podcast, if that's any indication of the depth of my addiction. :)

I've been flying planes since 1980, and for the last 5 or 6 years I've been heavily into helicopters. A couple of years ago I picked up a wrecked 3DHS 68" Velox electric and rebuilt it with a DLE-20. Oh my, was that fun right up until a wing bolt popped during a pop-top. :facepalm:

I also have a 3DHS 42" Slick, which is a ton of fun.

I recently picked up a used Redwing MXS-R 30cc, and did the maiden a couple of weeks ago. I'm really enjoying the bigger (to me) planes, and hope to learn more 3D instead of just flying, well, like a normal airplane. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
OK, I'll introduce myself. :)

My name is Chris Boultinghouse, I live in Austin, TX and I'm hopelessly addicted to all things aviation related. I host the RC Today Show podcast, if that's any indication of the depth of my addiction. :)

I've been flying planes since 1980, and for the last 5 or 6 years I've been heavily into helicopters. A couple of years ago I picked up a wrecked 3DHS 68" Velox electric and rebuilt it with a DLE-20. Oh my, was that fun right up until a wing bolt popped during a pop-top. :facepalm:

I also have a 3DHS 42" Slick, which is a ton of fun.

I recently picked up a used Redwing MXS-R 30cc, and did the maiden a couple of weeks ago. I'm really enjoying the bigger (to me) planes, and hope to learn more 3D instead of just flying, well, like a normal airplane. ;)

Welcome Chris! I'm behind on them but I know who you are because I'm a listener of your podcast. You generated a heli addiction in me and I'm currently researching a larger helicopter to eventually build thanks to you. This forum has great people and best part of it is the very low amount of drama compared to other sites.