• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

wedoitall

+1

I will be getting an Osiris soon. May have a few questions to ask you. If thats cool. If so, I may have ALOT of questions.

Absolutely would be glad to help what I can. Have about 20 flights on mine now. Would have more but it's been raining for two days straight :)

Robert

+1

I will be getting an Osiris soon. May have a few questions to ask you. If thats cool. If so, I may have ALOT of questions.

SnowDog

I'm Hanes
Back into the hobby after a 15 year break.
More addicted now then before
Hello

Ttyl

Welcome Hanes, glad to have you here!

I had a similar story about 3 years ago when I came back to the hobby after a 15 year break. A lot has changed!
Hope you enjoy your stay with us; please make yourself at home and ask as many questions as you have!
Regards,
Mike

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Welcome Robert! Most of the successful 3D guys have a bend towards pattern as well; precise aircraft control is the meeting point between the two disciplines. I love pattern as well, and would like to try an Osiris!

Better late than never...

What's up everyone i'm Mike. Got into this hobby in April of 2011 starting out with Helicopters but this time last year I got more into fixed wing and have not looked back since. Looking forward to contributing to the site!

Last edited by a moderator:

jmooreatcs

New to GSN!
Hi guys, Jim here checking in from North Central MA. I fly a SebArt Angel S 30E for precision / IMAC style flying but started flying a Twisted Hobbies Edge 540 last year and started getting interested in 3D. I have learned to hover, upright harrier, perform blenders and KE spins. Looking now for a 3D balsa and found the write ups on the EF 60†Edge and 64†MXS here to be very informative. I am also interested in the 3DHS 57†Extra 300 so I’m glad I stumbled across this forum.

coreman

50cc
Hi guys, Jim here checking in from North Central MA. I fly a SebArt Angel S 30E for precision / IMAC style flying but started flying a Twisted Hobbies Edge 540 last year and started getting interested in 3D. I have learned to hover, upright harrier, perform blenders and KE spins. Looking now for a 3D balsa and found the write ups on the EF 60” Edge and 64” MXS here to be very informative. I am also interested in the 3DHS 57” Extra 300 so I’m glad I stumbled across this forum.

Welcome Jim! Good to see more New Englanders around!

Hello Everyone,
I'm Mike checking in from Pennsylvania. Met a bunch of you at various Fly Low Ins last summer. Currently flying a couple Slicks, an Edge and a couple profiles. Would love to trade my 89 Slick in for a new 92 Edge but sadly 3dhs doesn't do trades...

Mike "Stitz"er

Attachments

• IMG_2060.jpg
    IMG_2060.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 218

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
View attachment 3691
I'm Hanes
Back into the hobby after a 15 year break.
More addicted now then before
Hello

Ttyl

Me too Hanes. I clearly have a problem this time around- more $ to spend and I have realized over the past 11 months that Pay Pal, he's no Pal, he's my RC dealer! I'm looking for that number for RC anonymous! Seriously I am having a blast with it. Dear wife is having a hard time understanding the obsession but I could be doing much worse things with my time and money! Looking forward to learning more from folks here to pull that learning curve up to vertical!

The name's Daren from Southern NH. Fly for a living (straight and level). Taught aerobatics back in the late 80s-90s and it never got out of my system. Really enjoying the vicarious experience through RC. Besides, a scale Extra is a hell of a lot cheaper than owning or renting a real one!

Great stuff happening at this site, love it.

Then (circa 80s-90s):
Gas airplanes prepped for sale.jpg

Now, Clearly a "problem":
car packed for fun at field.JPG

Enter 3D balsa:
Daren w 3DHS 48 Edge.jpg

60" Extra on bench with sights on a 30cc Gas! HELP!

Last edited by a moderator: