• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

bruceman

50cc
Hello all,
Time for me to jump in a say hello.
I am a born again RCer that is trying to get my wings back. I joined the Chain-o-Lakes Eagles in August, Snow dog and all my new friends have been a tremendous help. I just finished building a SeBach 342 and am having a blast. Great to be here and hope to meet lots of new frinds!

Bruceman

Chris M

New to GSN!
Hey,
I'm Chris. I just started flying RC aircraft a few months ago with a Gamma 370 and have quickly moved up to a Parkzone p-51 and now I bought a Hanger-9 Twist 60. When I bought the Gamma I also purchased the Realflight 6 package and have logged around 150 hours on it so far.

I'm still very new to flying though and have joined a club in my area which has instructors. I'm taking advantage of their time and getting some great feedback and tips.

I heard about the forum last night while listening to the last ATTF podcast and was very interested in becoming a member of this community. Another thing that drew me in instantly was the fact that I am a USAF veteran and after hearing that the creator of the forum is a USAF pilot I had to join. I worked as a Jet Mechanic on B-52's out of Barksdale AFB.

Currently I'm in the Southwest Chicago Suburbs working as a Transport Refrigeration Technician.

Pleased to meet ya,
Chris

SnowDog

Hey Chris,
Glad to have you here! Also, thank you for your service in the USAF...I've always been amazed by the mammoth size of the B-52 in pictures (never been in one though).
Getting RealFlight was a good step...make sure to check out our RF6 thread - Tominator has done a tremendous job creating some realistic models of 3DHS airframes for RF6.
I've had a Twist 60 for a few years, it's a fun plane, I'm interested to hear what you've done with it and what you think about it :)
I'm in the Northwest Chicago Suburbs myself (Crystal Lake)...maybe someday we can get together...I work in Oakbrook...where are you flying?
Getting with a good club is a key element to being successful.
Hopefully you will find this forum is a great place to meet other 3D flyers and get advice/help/cameraderie!
Welcome aboard.
Regards,
Mike

Chris M

New to GSN!
I put an OS 65 in it at the suggestion of a club member and am still assembling it. I work afternoons and most times late into the night. I fly at the field located at 107th and Lagrange. It's a cook county forest preserve field and it's maintained by the club I'm with, Palos RC Flying club. Send me a pm and we can get some fly time in together.

Chris

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Chris nice of you to join in the fun. I was at Barksdale many times, I was on KC-135's. I did get to fly on a B-52 several times out of Anderson AFB with missions to Vietnam.

Welcome Chris! When were you at KBAD? My dad retired from BAD and after my mother passed, moved back to his hometown in SE AR. I've grown roots here so decided to stick around. Barksdale is right in my backyard. I couldn't imagine life without the roar of those eight engines on a daily basis. Back when I first started flying full scale, I thought it was the coolest thing to be in the pattern with B-52s and anything else passing through. A little intimidating being in a C152 and hear tower say "number three behind the F-16s following the B-52 on short final." Lol.