• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New 30cc Redwing Extra 330 build thread.

RedWing 30cc Xtra 330

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG010.JPG011.JPG012.JPG013.JPG014.JPGRED WING EXTRA 2.jpgRED WING EXTRA 3.jpgRED WING EXTRA 4.jpgRED WING EXTRA 5.jpgRED WING EXTRA 6.jpgRED WING EXTRA 6.jpg

Hey guys here's the pics. The goodies used to build are as follows: Redwing 19/6 wooden prop, Redwing aluminum servo wheels these are drilled and tapped so you can use the carbon servo arms . Redwing 22ga twisted servo exts. Fortitude tank from Redwing, New DLE 30 from Marks Hobby shop. B&E Graphics, more are on the way. Power box kill switch. Spectrum 7 channel receiver . Hitec 7955 servos . Redwing life batteries. Spectrum 9x radio. Maiden is planned for Sat. will post video of it.

Hance

New to GSN!
Hold everything as far forward as you can when you are building it. Mine took 8-10 ounces of lead (guessing) on the front of the firewall to get the CG right. This is a video of my buddy spanking mine on basically the second flight once we got the CG dialed in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11IJN0Yo_OE

SnowDog

Hold everything as far forward as you can when you are building it. Mine took 8-10 ounces of lead (guessing) on the front of the firewall to get the CG right. This is a video of my buddy spanking mine on basically the second flight once we got the CG dialed in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11IJN0Yo_OE

Nice flight...looks like it handles pretty well...was the CG still tail heavy during the second flight?

Where would you say is the "right" CG? on the wing tube? in front of the wing tube? behind the wing tube? somewhere else?

did the plane come with SFG's?

Hance

New to GSN!
The CG listed on the website is in front of the spar. We weren't measuring CG so much as David (the pilot in the video) was flying it and seeing how it felt. It's probably around the middle of the CG range in the video which is 5 1/8. Wish I could be more specific but the way we set it up I really can't.

SnowDog

The CG listed on the website is in front of the spar. We weren't measuring CG so much as David (the pilot in the video) was flying it and seeing how it felt. It's probably around the middle of the CG range in the video which is 5 1/8. Wish I could be more specific but the way we set it up I really can't.

No problem...I'm the same way...get it close to recommended and then fly it to see how it feels. Matt did that with the Extra for his electric conversion...the CG was behind the wing tube and that made for an interesting (and short) first flight -- he landed quickly and we started adding nose weight :|