• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New 30cc Airframe to beat

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Extreme Flight has a new MXS designed around the DA35. A VVRC 40 will also fit. Their MXS planes are notoriously capable of 3D tumbling maneuvers. If you want something that is a good blend of precision and 3D I would also consider their new Laser in this size. And lastly they have just redone their classic Extra in this size with larger control surfaces. Any of these 3D planes would be an excellent choice.
For sure. I am flying the 83" MXS with a VVRC 40 and love it and Extreme Flight has many more options. Already mentioned the 78" Extra which is now V2 with EXP elevators, the MXS, the Laser and the Edge all great with a 35-40cc and some even putting in DA50's in.

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
I am looking for a new 30cc frame to bascly twist inside out, I have a 3DHS 72" Extra now but i have been doing learning new things and basicly treating it like a hooker to be nice lol, But any way I know there is an exp date on this airframe and im looking for some input on a replacment, I like the way the plane flys but i dont see me buying a new 3DHS for unmentioned reasions its a shame really.. Looking into Redwings RC they have amazing CS from buying servos and such in the past, I have a DLE 30 to move over other than that servos and every thing else exceed 50cc requirements so power to weight is the only concern.............. New Plane Go!!! haha

I have a new orange redwing 30cc slick that is still in the box so it would be shippable. They are $369 on the website plus shipping. I could let this one go for $300 plus $30 shipping. That would help you out a little. My email is Allen@smallfarmsllc.com

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
My flyin buddy has a VV40 he's not using and thinking about selling.
If anyone is interested, let me know.

Have a good Holiday Season!
Bob

If you are set on the DLE-30, for the best results you should stick to some of the lighter 30cc airframes. I sold my EF 70" Extra EXP to a local whom put a 30 on a canister in it and it has no power issues. I have also seen a 3DHS 74" Edge fly well on that motor. I would steer away from the bigger EFs and the 71" Slick on this power.

I have not owned one, but the Aerobeez 330SC is also a light weight 30cc airframe.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
One of the things that I have always liked about Extreme Flight and 3DHS planes is the longer tail moment. That is just something I am not sure I would like on some of planes mentioned but maybe I need to try flying someones.