• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I have been looking at one, you seem to be very pleased with it. Is it variable seed. And if I may ask what is it about the sander that you like. I have a standard disc sander 6 inch with a belt it’s ok but not the best quality and the table sucks.

Obviously very well made, heavy and very smooth and precise. Table is highly adjustable and locks at 5 degree increments.

Good point about variable speed, I've never thought of that. I have a standard disc and belt sander as well with poor quality and the table sucks also.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just getting caught up on your build. Wow, you have some really cool tools. I bet you are enjoying building the parts for the plane just as much as you are enjoying building the plane all together?!

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Just getting caught up on your build. Wow, you have some really cool tools. I bet you are enjoying building the parts for the plane just as much as you are enjoying building the plane all together?!

Yes, was short a few parts and changed a few that were in the kit so I cut them myself. I would cut this kit from scratch but I will spend my efforts on scale work.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Working on some aileron hinge parts today. Trying to match the real hinge.

Az86389.jpg

20180325_211423.jpg

20180325_185710.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You really going all out on this one. The detail work is looking good. That is a nice thing that you have full scale close by it check copy and photograph.