• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need recommendation for 3d EPP foamie

I started with the 33" 3DHS Extra, then went to the 38" Slick, and now I fly a Twisted Crack Yak and Crack Pitts. In the last month my hovering and high alpha stuff has gotten so much better on my bigger planes because of flying these two everyday. The Pitts flies slower and I find a little easier to fly in a confined space. I put the light kit on the Yak and fly it at night.

I went with the Motrolfly motor on the Yak and I love it. The Pitts has a left over Hacker A10-9L left over from my Deplox and it is only adequate. They were out of the stock motors until recently and a buddy if putting the stock stuff on his new Pitts so I'll have to report back on the difference.

TopSpin

New to GSN!
I just finished a RC Universe Flat Out Bipe and it flies really nice but I don't recommend it unless you are really into jigsaw puzzels. That was one painful build. Get a profile plane with a minimum number of parts, you're going to crash it anyway so make it easy on yourself.;) Oh yeah, I did not use the recommended Rimfire motor but chose a cheap one with identical specs. It works fine.

Attachments

• Driveway Cookout 008.jpg
    Driveway Cookout 008.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 336
  • Driveway Cookout 002.jpg
    Driveway Cookout 002.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 341
  • Driveway Cookout 007.jpg
    Driveway Cookout 007.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:

LouB

New to GSN!
Thanks everyone, I am going to go with the Crack Yak from TH. Even though I have a box of servos and motors on the table, I will get everything from TH. :)

LouB

New to GSN!
I went with the Motrolfly motor on the Yak and I love it. The Pitts has a left over Hacker A10-9L left over from my Deplox and it is only adequate. They were out of the stock motors until recently and a buddy if putting the stock stuff on his new Pitts so I'll have to report back on the difference.

I have 4 or 5 of the Motrolfly motors and ESCs. With the exception of a one ESC, never a problem with any of it. That ESC had factory reversed negative and positive leads. When I plugged the batt into the ESC, it all smoked. The lipo swelled up quite big, ruined the lipo and the ESC. The SubSonic owner did not believe me when I emailed him about the ESC so he wanted a picture. So I snapped a pic , sent it to him and a week later I had a new ESC. They did not replace the battery, which actually kind of cheesed me. Brand new battery, was not his brand but still, I felt he should have made it good as it was obvious that the ESC was constructed incorrectly. Still, I like the Motrolfly line of motors and ESC and continue to use them.

Which Motrolfly motor are you using on the Yak?

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

Thanks everyone, I am going to go with the Crack Yak from TH. Even though I have a box of servos and motors on the table, I will get everything from TH. :)

so have you got the crack yak yet? was wondering cause im buy a twisted epp this weekend. cant make up my mind on what i want to buy to learn 3d , as soon as i learn the basics gonna get an addiction x

Rick dazzler

70cc twin V2
I have been flying and selling the West Michigan PF Mcfoamy and LOVE mine..!
Got a buddy with a crack pitts and they both fly neck and neck... I passed this plane around three different occasions once a sport flyer crashed into the roof of the club out building wide open! One glue joint and a prop later it was flying again! Hate to sound biased just love that plane:thumbup: