• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need Assistance In Motor Selection Please!

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Since I hate it when people never follow up on their threads, and we lose valuable info, here is an update.

I got the gearbox in, and 11x8.5 prop in the mail. The motor should arrive today and I can start doing some flight testing shortly after that. I am expecting at least 40 minute flight times at 45 mph. Not too shabby!

Jim,

Noticed your calculator is down. I hope not permanently. It is a nice resource.

Frank

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Jim,

Do you know when you calculator will be back up and running?

I'd like to see what the numbers are using a 10x10e with a 490 KV motor using a 4s 2200 battery.

Thanks,

Frank

njswede

150cc
I'm not going to tell you that Leopard is junk, but I will tell you to be careful with high-energy maneuvers. I've seen some of the earlier ones spit magnets in poptops and tumbles (I had one do that myself). Now, that was an earlier version of the motor, so the problem may very well be fixed. Just telling you to keep an eye on it...

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the heads up. That is the only motor myself and a number of RCGers could find that could handle a 4s battery in that weight range besides a Neu motor and I was lost trying to figure out what was best with the Neus let alone order one. So it was pretty much this or nothing at all so I figured it was worth a shot.

I could not believe how limited the motors were. I sure found a weak spot, but I guess the demand is not there. This motor was actually advertised for RC cars.

Frank

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Jim,

Glad to see the Calc up and running again. Gonna try the 10x10 prop now and see if I can get some more fwd speed out of the motor.

Frank

PS I was reading over some old emails about flight times. Many people had doubted you could actually get 30 minutes of flight time at 40 mph on a 2200 mAH battery.

Last edited by a moderator: