• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Need advice on trailing edge aileron & flap bow on BUSA 1/3 Super Cub

I am finishing up a wing on this, my first GS build and although I had the aileron pinned down tight on a very flat table I still had some bow in the trailing edge when I unpinned it.. Is there an easy way to correct this before covering ? Thanks to all who respond even if I don't respond to every individual post I do read the all and take them all under advisement.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It is difficult to help or give advice with out seeing the problem the construction of the aileron will dictate how the fix can be done. If you added a couple of pictures it sure will help to understand the problem

It is difficult to help or give advice with out seeing the problem the construction of the aileron will dictate how the fix can be done. If you added a couple of pictures it sure will help to understand the problem

OK, I will try to take a couple pics tomorrow. My back is killing me from bending over putting on capstrips today or I would do it now.

Maybe glue a carbon fiber strip on the trailing edge or skin with sheets of cf?

No that's something I know nothing about. If I did that it looks like I would have to do the flap like that too so they would match. The flap TE turned out OK.

OK I understand now. It's not flat. In the past I used ammonia the short side, weighted the bow just past flat and let it dry, might take a few tries,
DSCN6871.JPG
DSCN6865.JPG
DSCN6867.JPG
DSCN6865.JPG

I don't know if this is gonna work but this is the best I can do at posting a pic. Here is the mess I have made. In the shot of the aileron you can see the bow in it. As I have stated before I am blind in my left eye and have poor vision in the other and have only 25 to 30% of my vision left and I can't even see good enough to take a decent picture so that you guys can see what I'm talking about. The use of ammonia is interesting. How much? Soak it or a few drops or what?